This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Delta - First Class

Post Thanks / Like
    Just another reason to love Delta I too love the cheese plate, the flatbread crackers are great, and Prosecco in the small bottles just add to the fun. Have a great trip Amy!

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I have only flown 1st class once because Jetblue had some crazy special and I had extra points and we flew MINT which is 1st class or better IMO as it had basically a private cabin with a seat that reclined to a bed. It was amazing but something I would NOT pay for. I buy the extra leg seating on the way to Aruba as I want to get thru the security line before everyone else and I really do need the space. I NEVER pay for it home as there is just the extra room bonus and not the early departure form the airport as my bags always take 20 plus minutes after getting off the plane...I am very frugal with certain things and 1st class is something I don't need at all.
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 04-23-2019 at 08:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jay, when you fly Mint your bags are tagged with a green tag so that your bags will come off first. We do Mint when going to Vegas as it’s such an early flight and our bags are always one of the first off.

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't pay for for first class for domestic/Caribbean (actually, that's not true - when I see a good deal, I do pay - LOL!) but we usually get upgraded for free because of our airline status. For international flights to Europe we also do not pay and use miles for the flight in Business Class. It's all about using your miles and airline status to use to your benefit. Being Medallion members with Delta we also get our luggage tagged as priority and get Priority check in. It pays to be loyal and fly alot with one airline. Make it work for your benefit.
    Last edited by ~Amy~®; 04-24-2019 at 06:06 AM.
    ~Amy~® -- 37th trip to Aruba: New Year's Eve 2018/2019 -- Napa: March 2019 -- 38th trip to Aruba: April/May 2019 -- Boston: July 2019 -- Paris: Sept/Oct 2019 -- 39th trip to Aruba: Nov. 2019

0 1

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amy, that may be true for Delta but you get nothing for United. The problem for us is the airport is less than 15 minutes from our house and I will only fly non-stop and United is the only game in town that does that. For me to fly Jet Blue, Delta or American, I would have to go to Kennedy. I can't see paying $150 each way to have a driver take me an hour & a half (cause there is always traffic) each way. Its not worth it to me. If I land home at 7:30, I am in my house by 7:50 and one of the kids will pick us up. Its so close that when we land, I call and say come and get us. By the time they get to the airport, we are walking out the door.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    Amy, that may be true for Delta but you get nothing for United. The problem for us is the airport is less than 15 minutes from our house and I will only fly non-stop and United is the only game in town that does that. For me to fly Jet Blue, Delta or American, I would have to go to Kennedy. I can't see paying $150 each way to have a driver take me an hour & a half (cause there is always traffic) each way. Its not worth it to me. If I land home at 7:30, I am in my house by 7:50 and one of the kids will pick us up. Its so close that when we land, I call and say come and get us. By the time they get to the airport, we are walking out the door.
    I would do the same if I were in your situation as far as where you live and which airlines have the best routes/save the most time.
    ~Amy~® -- 37th trip to Aruba: New Year's Eve 2018/2019 -- Napa: March 2019 -- 38th trip to Aruba: April/May 2019 -- Boston: July 2019 -- Paris: Sept/Oct 2019 -- 39th trip to Aruba: Nov. 2019

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Gaby I understand your predicament, but Amy makes a great point. Her and I use our status and miles/points for first class flights. We are going to Aruba for the 13th time in 5 days, and Pam and I have only flown coach once and even that was on miles (due to no availability in first for our dates). So basically we've been going to Aruba flying first class 12 times and never spent a dime for our flights other than airport fees and taxes. I've posted before about rewards credit cards and how valuable they can be if you play the points game. If anyone has questions or needs pointers or tips on this, just ask.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    Walt, we do use our points as often as we can. I never fly economy, haven't flown economy in years. And if I don't have enough points for a particular flight, I don't care. I will pay for first class. As L'Oreal says, I'm worth it, lol. Also, United doesn't make it easy to use your points. Its very difficult unless I want to fly to Buffalo. But you know what, it is what it is. I am still going, I am still flying first class one way or the other. We get such a deal on our rental property it more than balances out.
    Last edited by gaby; 04-24-2019 at 08:14 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    We're the same way, the last time we flew coach was that trip to Aruba 10-11 years ago. Unfortunately the big 3 US airlines are all going to dynamic pricing which includes award flights. That is going to make it harder or more expensive monetarily and points wise to book tickets. United is a Star Alliance member, are there any partner airlines that offer flights to Aruba?

Post Thanks / Like
    We are just pissed we don't even get peanuts or pretzels! You guys are so lucky!
    Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 3