This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Delta - First Class

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    We're the same way, the last time we flew coach was that trip to Aruba 10-11 years ago. Unfortunately the big 3 US airlines are all going to dynamic pricing which includes award flights. That is going to make it harder or more expensive monetarily and points wise to book tickets. United is a Star Alliance member, are there any partner airlines that offer flights to Aruba?

There are airlines that offer flights, just not non-stop. I understand some people have no choice but we do. I can't justify turning a 4 hour flight into 7 or 8 hours just to save some money.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crimms View Post
    We are just pissed we don't even get peanuts or pretzels! You guys are so lucky!
    Sean and Susan
    or a entire can of soda not 1/2 can between two people (lol)

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~® View Post
    I wouldn't pay for for first class for domestic/Caribbean (actually, that's not true - when I see a good deal, I do pay - LOL!) but we usually get upgraded for free because of our airline status. For international flights to Europe we also do not pay and use miles for the flight in Business Class. It's all about using your miles and airline status to use to your benefit. Being Medallion members with Delta we also get our luggage tagged as priority and get Priority check in. It pays to be loyal and fly alot with one airline. Make it work for your benefit.
    I don't mind paying if the price is right - we usually get at least 1 of ours one way with points. I look at the total of what we are spending on flights. A lot of times, if you watch closely you can catch a first class steal. We had a situation where economy tickets were about 600 each for round trip. Using a combination of miles , one way flights, and a great deal, we made out to $800 each for 1st class round trip . So think about luggage fees, food, drinks, and overall comfort - well worth $200 extra for each of us. But there are only 2 of us, so I realize its not the same for a family.
    We don't travel for business so we are taking advantage of points earned by using our credit card for everything paying close attention to bonus purchases and always paying it off in full every month.

Last year we didn't get so lucky finding first class, so we did Jet Blue to Aruba and then American first class home. Having the comfort and service does take a little sting out of coming home - especially when you dn't have an option to fly nonstop on certain days of the week.

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    I mostly fly Jet Blue with extra leg room but flew Mint on one trip and last trip I flew extra leg room going to Aruba and on return trip MINT. Given the choice if it makes sense financially for me, I rather fly extra leg room going to Aruba but first class going home. Next 2 trips to Aruba I am flying Mint round trip. I scored great airfare early on and I had a lot of Jet Blue bank credit from the trip I cancelled last September for me and Ms Daisy which were also Mint.

The points, miles really do help. I haven't flown American in ages but had over 100K of miles due to points from credit card over the years. I planned a cruise to Alaska out of Seattle for September which came out to be a little expensive and I also needed a hotel night stay in Seattle. I didn't think I was going to go but when I searched for flights with my miles, I was able to score round trip 1st class seat from NY to Seattle and the taxes were $11.00. They also sent me an email that when it was closer to my trip that I can select my meals.

0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    We started flying first class a few years ago. After that first flight, I just couldn't go back to steerage. If I were a little twig, it might be different. There just isn't enough room in the seats in steerage, not with all my extra fluff!
    0 3