This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Department of State Travel Advisory

Post Thanks / Like

Department of State Travel Advisory

As of last night, April 20, 2021 the Department of State has issued travel advisories to 80 countries. You can read all the information on their website. Aruba is listed as Level 4 - Do Not Travel... I am wondering when the Government will address this and what changes may be considered. We are supposed to travel to Aruba on May 9th and now have some concerns.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by enrightmj View Post
    As of last night, April 20, 2021 the Department of State has issued travel advisories to 80 countries. You can read all the information on their website. Aruba is listed as Level 4 - Do Not Travel... I am wondering when the Government will address this and what changes may be considered. We are supposed to travel to Aruba on May 9th and now have some concerns.
    Note that Aruba has been listed at level 4 on CDC website for a while now. I think they were level 3 when I traveled in December 2020 which was the highest level then and then they introduce a new level 4 category. I'm also traveling to Aruba in May. My advise is that everyone has to make their own decisions based on their risk factors. On the positive, the CDC did state that you should be able to travel if fully vaccinated but then they recommended to put it off for a while so it's a bit wishy washy in my opinion.
    1 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    On the positive, the CDC did state that you should be able to travel if fully vaccinated but then they recommended to put it off for a while so it's a bit wishy washy in my opinion.
    The CDC need to hedge their bets because there isn't conclusive data on 1) transmission by vaccinated people and 2) variant protection. They're getting close as the data pours in from Israel and the US.
    0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    We were there in March and IMO, all the correct protocols are in place to keep us safe. We were hesitant at first but after that experience, we feel just fine about going back in October..

0 4

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm looking forward to any new reports on the data.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    enrightmj, as the others have stated, it is a personal decision that you have to feel comfortable with. Having just come back 2 weeks ago, I can also say that we felt fine there and were comfortable with the protocols in place and compliance while we were there. We had been vaccinated and were encouraged by the CDC guidance loosening up restrictions for travel on those fully vaccincated.
    Hope these reports from those of us who have been there recently (or live there), help in your decision.

Regards,
    Brian

0 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Which government would you like to address this?
    Aruba government has addressed this by instituting the protocols they currently have in place...testing, cleaning, insurance, curfew etc.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...l-notices.html

Department of State Travel Advisory-screen-shot-2021-04-21-1-33-15-pm-jpgDepartment of State Travel Advisory-screen-shot-2021-04-21-1-33-27-pm-jpg

and
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...g-covid19.html

AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    It's been at a level 4 for a while. We spent over 3 months in Aruba(came home 3 weeks ago). We felt safe and yes we take the virus very seriously. I felt safer there than at home.

1 4

Post Thanks / Like

Department of State Advisory

I am curious as to what the Aruba Government will say in reply to this NEW advisory. I am very well aware of their protocols. We have been visiting Aruba since 1976 and love the Island and people. This advisory was just announced. Maybe you should read it as well. You make me sound as if I am being confrontational.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Which government would you like to address this?
    Aruba government has addressed this by instituting the protocols they currently have in place...testing, cleaning, insurance, curfew etc.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...l-notices.html

Department of State Travel Advisory-screen-shot-2021-04-21-1-33-15-pm-jpgDepartment of State Travel Advisory-screen-shot-2021-04-21-1-33-27-pm-jpg

and
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...g-covid19.html
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I will let you know if I hear anything else. Thank you for your response
    0 0