This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flight Delayed 3 Days

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, not good. This is the same flight we take for every trip to Aruba. In June, we were delayed departing PHL for 4hrs, I was just happy to get to AUA the same day. Then we got 'bumped" off the flight on the way home b/c they overbooked. We booked Basic Economy, and were told that we would be the first folks that would lose our seats. Lesson learned. Upcoming December trip - booked Main Cabin!

I always pack a change of clothes, bathing suit, flops, and basic toiletries in my carry-on on the way THERE. Never thought about needing anything on the way home. Now I will be packing the same for trip home, just in case.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mlrhoxie View Post
    Wow, not good. This is the same flight we take for every trip to Aruba. In June, we were delayed departing PHL for 4hrs, I was just happy to get to AUA the same day. Then we got 'bumped" off the flight on the way home b/c they overbooked. We booked Basic Economy, and were told that we would be the first folks that would lose our seats. Lesson learned. Upcoming December trip - booked Main Cabin!

I always pack a change of clothes, bathing suit, flops, and basic toiletries in my carry-on on the way THERE. Never thought about needing anything on the way home. Now I will be packing the same for trip home, just in case.
    About 10 years ago I met my hubby and son in Chattanooga for an event. They drove and I flew because I could not take time off to drive down. I sent everything down with them other than my computer, glasses, meds and contacts stuff. I figured I was heading home and didn't need anything. There were flight issues with the puddle jumper from Chattanooga to Atlanta and I missed my connecting flight. They had one more flight leaving that day in 20 minutes. I had to run carrying my pocketbook and computer bag through one terminal, hop on a train and run through another terminal or spend the night in Atlanta. Luckily I got on with a few minutes to spare huffing and puffing. Lesson learned.