This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Flights around Christmas

Post Thanks / Like

Flights around Christmas

For those of you who have or regularly spend Christmas on the island...when do you book air?

United is my nonstop option and right now the economy seats aren’t even available to book, only the flexible rates which indicate to me that there might be changes or its too far out. I’d prefer to do nonstop to avoid whether mishaps. Jetblue, which isn’t released yet, is becoming a less available option as the Newark-Fort Lauderdale-Aruba route is not as frequent and instead my option is to go Newark-Boston-Aruba which makes no sense, especially in the winter. AA is another option, but with a layover.

interested in your experiences.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    It’s too early,it’s one of the busiest weeks of the year so a cheap flight of $400.00 probably isn’t going to happen,hopefully something under $700.00.keep checking every day,prices will come down from where it’s at now,economy seat prices will open soon.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I figured it was a tad too early and won’t be cheap, bur I figure people know when to spring into action lol

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    It’s too early,it’s one of the busiest weeks of the year so a cheap flight of $400.00 probably isn’t going to happen,hopefully something under $700.00.keep checking every day,prices will come down from where it’s at now,economy seat prices will open soon.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I have found that booking early over Xmas has given us the best prices. Jet blue starts high and goes even higher based on my experience. I was looking at flights 2 days ago and Delta had GREAT pricing over Xmas.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    We live 15 minutes from Newark airport so flying out of Kennedy even though more options just defeats the purpose. So we are stuck with United if we want non-stop and I always want non-stop. We booked our flight going to Aruba for November but not back yet in December. Watch out for those no-frills flights because you can't bring carry on, you do not get to pick your seat and you can not up-grade.

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m with you on Newark. I’d never fly basic economy...anywhere. I like to choose my seat. But United doesn’t even offer it on their Newark-Aruba route.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    We live 15 minutes from Newark airport so flying out of Kennedy even though more options just defeats the purpose. So we are stuck with United if we want non-stop and I always want non-stop. We booked our flight going to Aruba for November but not back yet in December. Watch out for those no-frills flights because you can't bring carry on, you do not get to pick your seat and you can not up-grade.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe you can choose your seats on united in economy but not basic economy.we fly first class now but when we did fly economy we were able to pick our seats.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I go out of Phila. and flights are about double than usual during Christmas.

0 0