This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Global Entry

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like

Global Entry

Does anyone know off hand if Global Entry notifies you when you are expiring? Just curious. thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    No, they do not. It's your responsibility.
    ~Amy~® -- 37th trip to Aruba: New Year's Eve 2018/2019 -- Napa: March 2019 -- 38th trip to Aruba: April/May 2019 -- Boston: July 2019 -- Paris: Sept/Oct 2019 -- 39th trip to Aruba: Nov. 2019

0 0

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Amy, I knew you would know, lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Find the expiration date at the bottom of the card and begin the renewal process early... from OMAAT:

"You can apply to have your Global Entry renewed up to a year before the expiration date. There's no penalty for renewing early, in the sense that it will still be valid for
    five years
    from when your membership currently expires, and not
    five years
    from when you're approved. So you might as well renew early."

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Walt. I thought if I did it too early, that's when the new date would be. We have time. Our global entry expires in Oct 2020 so what i will do is wait til January and start the process.

Post Thanks / Like
    Also, the expiration date will be on your birthday of the 5th year, not the date you applied. You might get some extra months past the 5 years. So the renewal period begins on your birthday one year prior to your expiration date.
    ~Amy~® -- 37th trip to Aruba: New Year's Eve 2018/2019 -- Napa: March 2019 -- 38th trip to Aruba: April/May 2019 -- Boston: July 2019 -- Paris: Sept/Oct 2019 -- 39th trip to Aruba: Nov. 2019

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Amy, I never noticed. I just checked our cards. We both applied in Oct and I assumed Oct of 2020 would be 5 years. But its not. My husband's bday is Jan so he got 3 extra months until jan of 2021 and my bday is july so I got a whole bunch of extra months, mine expires july of 2021. I am glad you said that, so thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am glad you brought this up. I did not know they id not let you know. Hubby went on and found his expired last month on his birthday. He reapplied today and is now working on mine now and found out mine expired on my birthday in October, but we didn't have any problems using TSA PreCheck coming to Aruba. Thank-you so much. We would have arrived in Philadelphia and been very surprised.
    Last edited by robin; 03-09-2019 at 07:17 PM.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    As you can see from my post above, we reapplied March 9 and just got approved. We are very happy that we did not have to go through the interview process again. Thank-you everyone.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Can't say enough good things about Global Entry. When we left the island last week there were two immigration people working the lines of folks leaving. There were probably well over 200 people in line. There was nobody at the Global Entry kiosks. We were through there in less than 5 minutes. It saves so much time every year, we're probably going back to getting to the airport two hours prior to departure.