This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 67

Thread: Global Entry

  1. #11
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    2,182
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know Walt. We love it too.The only issue I have is I am so short that even if I step back and stand on my toes the picture is usually just my forehead and maybe part of my eyes.lol




    0 1
     

  2. #12
    Senior Member marblehead paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    marriott casino
    Posts
    164
    Post Thanks / Like
    our TSA pre_check is up in Oct.Thinking of the Global.Only use Aruba as vacation.
    From Marblehead ma.Every Jan stay at Costa Linda.For last 20 years.
    0 0
     

  3. #13
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    2,182
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by marblehead paul View Post
    our TSA pre_check is up in Oct.Thinking of the Global.Only use Aruba as vacation.
    You can apply now. You get TSA precheck with global entry




    0 0
     

  4. #14
    Senior Member schexc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Pearl at Eagle Beach
    Posts
    1,899
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had looked into it for us. The nearest enrollment center is a 2 1/2 hour drive away.




    OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.thepearlaruba.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0
     

  5. #15
    Super Moderator WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Surf Club
    Posts
    4,262
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    I had looked into it for us. The nearest enrollment center is a 2 1/2 hour drive away.
    I had the same issue, but for us it was a 4 hour drive to Dulles. Since we were flying to Aruba and connecting through Miami, I made our appointments at the Miami office which is in the airport but outside security. We were in and out in about 15 minutes and had TSA pre-check to re-enter security. We still had time for a pre-boarding cocktail.

  6. #16
    Senior Member ArubaAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arashi Beach, Malmok Beach, Eagle Beach.
    Posts
    1,714
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to apply to have it for my next trip. It was crazy those long lines. Even before entering the room to pick up the luggage. The lines started from the Duty Free Shop to go inside US and get your luggage then the long Custom Lines with 3 Agents and only 2 for regular and one for Global. They were going around from the line before entering luggage area asking if anyone had Global Entry. One couple was jumping the line because their flight started the boarding process. They were asking people if they would mine going ahead. Everybody said sure since they were early. I guess this couple was very late..





    0 0
     

  7. #17
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    2,182
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    I'm going to apply to have it for my next trip. It was crazy those long lines. Even before entering the room to pick up the luggage. The lines started from the Duty Free Shop to go inside US and get your luggage then the long Custom Lines with 3 Agents and only 2 for regular and one for Global. They were going around from the line before entering luggage area asking if anyone had Global Entry. One couple was jumping the line because their flight started the boarding process. They were asking people if they would mine going ahead. Everybody said sure since they were early. I guess this couple was very late..
    People don't believe you really do need to be there 3 hours before your flight leaves.




    0 0
     

  8. #18
    Super Moderator WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Surf Club
    Posts
    4,262
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just a heads up for those of you considering Global Entry. Nothing serious, but you might need to plan accordingly:

    https://thepointsguy.com/news/global...1cbe2-45149701

  9. #19
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    34,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks Walt!!
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Just a heads up for those of you considering Global Entry. Nothing serious, but you might need to plan accordingly:

    https://thepointsguy.com/news/global...1cbe2-45149701

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    117
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    You can apply now. You get TSA precheck with global entry
    Robin, that's not true. You MAY get TSA precheck with Global Entry status (and we usually both do when we travel) but it is not an automatic. As the TSA officers have explained to me....Global Entry is Global Entry and TSA Precheck is TSA Precheck. They are two separate programs.
    Global Entry works great in Aruba, as well as at US Airports when returning from foreign countries.
    Brian



    0 0
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •