This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Global Entry

Post Thanks / Like
    Remember that it expires in 5 years on your birthday and they don't remind you. We found out the hard way. It is much easier to get re-approved if you reapply before it expires.

The amount of time it takes to get initially approved depends on how busy they are. When we had to get ours renewed it took a long time because of the government shutdown earlier this year. Also find out if your credit card covers the cost because some of them do. I know hubby's AMEX covered his cost and we just had to pay for mine.

0 0

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    actually both my cousins got reminders. they received emails telling them that their global entry was expiring. But regardless, I wrote myself a note on my calendar because I don't trust that I would be the lucky one to get a notice.

Post Thanks / Like
    So happy Ray and I went to BDL as "walk ins" this morning and we are all set. We could not have lucked out more with the nicest agent ever. I had all my info but did not have Ray's Pass ID only is App ID. This gentleman went above and beyond to help us (as I was sweating it out) and looked it up for Ray. Now I am going to call delta to have our #'s put onto our reservation. Also agent told us to try calling AMex they atually pay for some cardholders.

0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    So happy Ray and I went to BDL as "walk ins" this morning and we are all set. We could not have lucked out more with the nicest agent ever. I had all my info but did not have Ray's Pass ID only is App ID. This gentleman went above and beyond to help us (as I was sweating it out) and looked it up for Ray. Now I am going to call delta to have our #'s put onto our reservation. Also agent told us to try calling AMex they atually pay for some cardholders.
    Always nice to read a success story! And several credit cards offer GE as a perk.
    Last edited by WaltVB; 10-12-2019 at 10:06 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Darn, I charged it to my MC and I have an Amex Card.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a very good article explaining the benefits of Global Entry and TSA Precheck, and which credit cards offer reimbursement or credit for the two programs.

https://creditcards.usnews.com/artic...ur-credit-card

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    Darn, I charged it to my MC and I have an Amex Card.
    Ace, I have Amex but did not help us, you need to have the Premium Platinum that you pay $550 annual fee for. Our card is the gold one but no luck, but just happy we both have GE for November. Still think it is worth the $ for 5 years even if we had to pay

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    Ace, I have Amex but did not help us, you need to have the Premium Platinum that you pay $550 annual fee for. Our card is the gold one but no luck, but just happy we both have GE for November. Still think it is worth the $ for 5 years even if we had to pay
    Oh same here I have the regular Amex so thanks for the update. I don't think $100 is a lot considering it is good for 5 years as you said and it includes the PreTSA. Hoping to get it prior to my December trip!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    Oh same here I have the regular Amex so thanks for the update. I don't think $100 is a lot considering it is good for 5 years as you said and it includes the PreTSA. Hoping to get it prior to my December trip!
    Good Luck, don't forget if you see no open appointments try the walk-in and hopefully it will work for you like it did us!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    received our GE cards in mail today was totally surprised as I forgot about them and really didn't expect to get them for a while. I must say they are pretty cool looking and it is cool to have, just activated them

0 2