This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Global Entry

Post Thanks / Like

Global Entry

Just received an email notifying me about my pending application for GE and that I can now pay the $100 that was refunded to me when they cancelled all NY applications for Global Entry. The application information was still there so all I had to do was pay the fee, review the information again, and resubmit.

I hope 2nd time is a charm!
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    what was the reason that GE was put on hold for NY ?
    was it Covid related?
    November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    No this was before covid. NY Resident were classified as not eligible for Global Entry on account that NY State refused to share driving records or DMV file. So it became a political issue because there were other states that also denied driving records but those residents were allowed Global Entry. Crazy world we live in but our Governor Straightened it out.
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Received my conditional approval for Global Entry. All I have to do is schedule the interview. They have time slots available on weekends at the airport this month which is a 15 to 25 minute drive for me depending on traffic. During the morning like a 20 minute drive.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Missed my Global Entry Interview this morning! Grrrr.. I was scheduled for 7:15am at JFK, woke up at 4am, went back to bed and woke up at 7am...Grr. Next schedule is end of November...
    Last edited by ArubaAce; 10-25-2020 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Spelling
    0 0

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    would you consider driving to Newark for the interview?
    Even with your interview being scheduled in late November, the approval process is quick and your travel number becomes available via the website so you can add it to your flight reservations (to get Pre-Check on your flight leaving the US). The number is also immediately tied to your passport so leaving Aruba, there’s no additional info you need. You don’t necessarily have to wait to receive your card in the mail. I actually lost mine as soon as I received it ( I think I accidentally threw it away) but I have the number so it doesn’t matter.

QUOTE=ArubaAce;366914]Missed my Global Entry Interview this morning! Grrrr.. I was scheduled for 7:15am at JFK, woke up at 4am, went back to bed and woke up at 7am...Grr. Next schedule is end of November...[/QUOTE]

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    From what I read in Yelp the process is also quick at JFK. They may have taken care of me today despite being late but I didn't want to chance it. I looked at the scheduled again and it looks like an earlier day opened up so someone must have cancelled. Thanks
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I had my global entry interview this afternoon and I have been approved. Hurray! I now join the ranks of GB member. I needed it! There was one occasion where I had really bad lower back pain, sciatica and I was on line at US Customs for 1 1/2 hours. This was around the time of US Gov Shut down. I saw a custom agent asking around if anyone had GB and probably only saw about 5 people use the machine and zip on thru. I'm next!
    0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome!

Post Thanks / Like
    I received my Global Entry ID today. Yea! I hope I can go in December. I've been having issues with hip pain.
    0 0