This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Global Entry Interview upon Arrival

Post Thanks / Like
    I recently read on one of the FB pages about someone who did that and it was easy, but I don't remember what day of the week it was. If I can find it again, I'll post it here.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I recently read on one of the FB pages about someone who did that and it was easy, but I don't remember what day of the week it was. If I can find it again, I'll post it here.
    Great thanks! I think I will at least give it a shot and get to the Aruba airport a little early for my Sat departure and try it. I figure no harm in trying. You have 700 days after you get pre approved to do your interview so not critical I do it this trip but would be way easier to do it this way vs. scheduling at my local airport.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Global Entry Interview upon Arrival-screen-shot-2021-04-16-7-11-37-pm-jpg

This isn't the one I remember reading, but it is recent.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow thats pretty cool that you get your approval email so fast. This option def seems like an awesome option, and Ill give it a shot. Ill post back next week when I get home with how it goes esp w a Sat departure.
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Left Aruba this past Saturday, enjoyed my trip immensely. Departed back to US on Saturday, got to airport very early to give time for interview. Went thru normal US customs line and asked to do Global Entry Interview and they had me go to a waiting room. Probably within 10-15 min my interview/finger printing was complete and I was on my way. I actually got my approval email w/ my new global entry number as I was eating at the Aruba airport about 90 min later.
    2 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't it great when something works like it's supposed to?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tnaruba View Post
    Coming to Aruba for first trip this weekend. Ive been preapproved for Global Entry interview but its a 2 month wait to schedule locally. Wondering if anyone has done the Enrollment on Arrival interview? This is to be done on arrival in US from International flight, so since US customs are done in Aruba I assume I will be doing this in Aruba on my departure day (Saturday) back to the US in Aruba.

Anyone go thru this? Comment earlier mentioned Sat may be too busy to handle, wondering if anyone tried to go on another day during there visit? Guessing that wont work but worth asking.
    It's totally doable. My wife and kids did this coming back from Aruba on the Sunday after New Years day 2021, so that's about as busy as it gets at the airport (COVID-impacted of course, so not as busy as would be in a normal year). It was no problem. There was one person doing the interviews, so if you get unlucky and there happens to be a line it could take a while, but they were doing about one person every 5-10 minutes and there were about 5-6 people in front of us when we got there. By the time we left, there was one person on line. Just tell them when you go through US customs in Aruba that you want to do the interview. They'll point you to a little waiting room and then you just wait to be called. I would ask someone at your hotel / condo how long in advance you should arrive at the airport (it'll depend on how many people on the island) and then add 30 minutes to be safe. Good luck
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Any one did it recently?
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    go back to posting 15 and they did it about a month ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by edulik View Post
    Any one did it recently?
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    My husband and I don’t have global entry and would love to get it. I had heard due to COVID they stopped the application process but apparently not. Can someone walk me through the steps we need to take before going for the interview in Aruba upon leaving the island? Fill out the form online for pre-approval? How long does that process take? Appreciate your help. Sounds like a great idea to do at that airport time permitting. Thank you!
    0 0