This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Global Entry / NY Residents

Post Thanks / Like

Global Entry / NY Residents

New York Residents Can No Longer Sign Up for Global Entry:

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/poli...-says/2280045/
    ~Amy~® -- South Beach: Jan. 2020 -- New Orleans: Feb. 2020 -- Playa del Carmen: March 2020 -- 40th trip to Aruba: April & May 2020 -- Switzerland: July 2020

0 0

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    Am glad I don't live in NY. Though if you think about it, if they can't get your criminal record, that is the whole point of letting you slide through with global entry, you have been vetted and considered safe. If they can't vet you, then the whole system of global entry falls apart. I guess its a matter of you can't have it both ways. There was a while at the airports that were crowded letting people in line waiting for customs to just go to the global line. Duh, that didn't seem fair and negated the point of getting screened for global entry though that caused alot of outrage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hubby saw this on the news this morning. So I am guessing you must have a driver's license to get into a trusted traveller program? There are lots of people in the big cities that rely totally on public transit and never get a license yet travel or travelled all the time.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think you must have some state issued ID, not necessarily a driver's license. Some way to investigate you and your past. That is the whole point of global entry, they check your past and see if you qualify. Otherwise you stand in line with those that don't have it. In other words, you have to be willing to bare your soul, lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    I think you must have some state issued ID, not necessarily a driver's license. Some way to investigate you and your past. That is the whole point of global entry, they check your past and see if you qualify. Otherwise you stand in line with those that don't have it. In other words, you have to be willing to bare your soul, lol.
    Hubby and I were discussing it this morning. We were thinking that our Social Security numbers would be a way of checking because it is used for everything and is probably linked to your license, however; I was surprised when I went to the website to see who many qualify. https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov/

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if/how this will affect those of us who have received conditional
    approval?? Grrr

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure if you don't have a license but are willing to "waive your privacy" and they can check you out, you are in the running. doesn't mean you will get it. but if you say no, you can't check my history out, well then too bad for you. that is the whole point of global entry to make things smoother for those already checked out, deemed not a threat so they can move things along. People have to start playing by the rules. you don't have to have a license because let's face it, if you watch Live PD, no one they pull over has a license, lol. But there has to be a way to check you out. They aren't saying you can't fly, they are saying you can't get in the quickie line.

Post Thanks / Like
    fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by kemperato View Post
    approval?? Grrr

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kemperato View Post
    approval?? Grrr
    Easy tiger I'm sure you'll be okay if you've already been approved.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW... I applied back in October 2019 but my application is still pending. I wonder if they will reimburse my $100 or just decline.

0 0