This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Global Entry / NY Residents

Post Thanks / Like
    New York residents will no longer be eligible to apply for or renew membership in CBP Trusted Traveler Programs and CBP will cancel all pending Trusted Traveler Program applications submitted by residents of New York. Refunds will be processed automatically.

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/nationa...-renew-trusted
    ~Amy~® -- South Beach: Jan. 2020 -- New Orleans: Feb. 2020 -- Playa del Carmen: March 2020 -- 40th trip to Aruba: April & May 2020 -- Switzerland: July 2020

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I see that the Governor is going to sue the federal government.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    https://thepointsguy.com/news/global...er-expiration/

as was reported earlier, refunds will be processed.
    that is good I guess.

and yes, I hope that the legal system overturns this!
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    I’m of two minds. As long as you can be checked out, yes. But if you can’t or won’t, then absolutely not. The whole point of it is to make sure those approved to use it are safe and have been checked out to not have to go through the normal rigors. If you can’t be checked out and vetted, then you shouldn’t be allowed to apply. I don’t get the confusion about the program. I think just those that can’t be checked should be barred and that should not be overturned

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the governor needs to allow the Trusted Traveler Programs access to the driver's licenses. Why should many be penalized for the few?

Post Thanks / Like
    We all “know why” this tantrum law was passed.

on another note...you don’t *need* access to dmv records to confirm driving related charges. Those are adjudicated and tied to court systems. You won’t be denied global entry for a parking ticket. It’s actual violations that involve dealing with court...So there are still means of confirming this. Hopefully, this resolves sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I think the governor needs to allow the Trusted Traveler Programs access to the driver's licenses. Why should many be penalized for the few?

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    It's all crazy. NY passes a law that illegals can get driver's licenses, then bars feds from accessing them to prevent deportation. So feds say no one in the state can apply or renew. I feel bad for my NY friends and family.

I know in the interview process they are very careful. We were in the Costa del Sol(southern Spain) and did a day trip with a guided tour into Morocco in 2012. When we were interviewed they questioned the day trip.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    It's all crazy. NY passes a law that illegals can get driver's licenses, then bars feds from accessing them to prevent deportation. So feds say no one in the state can apply or renew.
    From cbp.gov webpage:

You will need to bring your valid passport(s) and one other form of identification, such as a driver’s license or ID card to the interview. If you are a lawful permanent resident, you must present your machine readable permanent resident card.

Reasons for Ineligibility
    You may not be eligible for participation in the Global Entry program if you:

• Provide false or incomplete information on the application;
    • Have been convicted of any criminal offense or have pending criminal charges or outstanding warrants (to include driving under the influence);
    • Have been found in violation of any customs, immigration or agriculture regulations or laws in any country;
    • Are the subject of an ongoing investigation by any federal, state or local law enforcement agency;
    • Are inadmissible to the United States under immigration regulation, including applicants with approved waivers of inadmissibility or parole documentation; or
    • Cannot satisfy CBP of your low-risk status.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I went to check on my application today and it said no pending applications. I applied back in October. I can still see the application I originally sent with an ID number assigned but no email notice. We shall see if I get a letter or refund. Maybe I will luck out since I applied in October and it was in progress or maybe not. The interview locations for NY have plenty of availability so I'm guessing no applications are being approved and thus no interviews.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel so bad for all of you in NY.