This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hoping for a Happy Ending!

Post Thanks / Like
    The last time we used More4Less it took a few days for them to respond.

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    More4less wrote back and they are booked too. We ended up reserving form Amigo. They have a car and are located outside across from Arrivals at airport. If anyone has used them and can confirm car pickup procedure we would appreciate it. It seems by reading posts, the cars are O.K but 4x4's are are a little beat. So that's not a concern for us. Now back to finding week 6 and getting a reasonable flight. We will be happy when all is set.
    P.S we did book the Black Pearl too for a sunset sail. Thanks so much.
    Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Special shout out to Kandy of Kandy's List. She personally helped us secure week 6 for our upcoming February Aruba trip. Kandy has a rental list she posts each week for ABC and CDM on her own time for no money. Thanks so much Kandy!!!
    Our happy ending is looking brighter. We have week 6 & 7 at ABC. Have a rental a good price from Amigo Car rental right at the airport. Booked the Black Pearl. Still searching and re-checking for our flights at a fair price now. The ones we want are still around $985.00. But they usually drop 3 to four months out. We are so exited to be going 2 weeks this time. It seemed like we were just catching the Aruba beat on past vacations and it was time to leave. This forum has helped us navigate us to making Aruba our favorite vacation spot!
    Sean and Susan
    0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crimms View Post
    Special shout out to Kandy of Kandy's List. She personally helped us secure week 6 for our upcoming February Aruba trip. Kandy has a rental list she posts each week for ABC and CDM on her own time for no money. Thanks so much Kandy!!!
    Our happy ending is looking brighter. We have week 6 & 7 at ABC. Have a rental a good price from Amigo Car rental right at the airport. Booked the Black Pearl. Still searching and re-checking for our flights at a fair price now. The ones we want are still around $985.00. But they usually drop 3 to four months out. We are so exited to be going 2 weeks this time. It seemed like we were just catching the Aruba beat on past vacations and it was time to leave. This forum has helped us navigate us to making Aruba our favorite vacation spot!
    Sean and Susan
    That's great news!

1 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is good news indeed.
    Sean and Susan
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Sean & Susan:

I've used Amigo for the last 4 years and haven't had an issue. I usually rent a Hyundai Elantra, and it's never a new car, but it gets me from A to B. I usually rent from the airport kiosk and the whole thing takes like 15 minutes. I reserve online so they have all my information and usually just take my CC and go get a car. There is a deposit, I think it is like $500 that put a hold on your CC for, but I've never had a problem with them releasing it. In fact, twice I've returned the car and there was no one there, so I just parked it behind the rental kiosk and locked the keys in it.

As a precaution though, I always take photos of the car with my phone when I rent it, just in case they try and ding me on something.

Let me know if you have any other questions, but I would recommend Amigo and use them again.

-Mike

More4less wrote back and they are booked too. We ended up reserving form Amigo. They have a car and are located outside across from Arrivals at airport. If anyone has used them and can confirm car pickup procedure we would appreciate it. It seems by reading posts, the cars are O.K but 4x4's are are a little beat. So that's not a concern for us. Now back to finding week 6 and getting a reasonable flight. We will be happy when all is set.
    P.S we did book the Black Pearl too for a sunset sail. Thanks so much.
    Sean and Susan
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I’ve used Carvenience when I couldn’t get Hans and was very happy with them.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome!!!

Sean and Susan

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys. Good tip about taking pics of car. We know and trust Hans at Tropic so it was never a concern. But this is our 1st time with Amigo. So when you get off plane you go to Amigo kiosk in airport and do paperwork? They did need a $300 deposit for car-no biggie. $500 deposit for 4x4. Thanks Again
    Sean and Susan
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea that's it. It's usually a pretty quick (relatively for Island time) process unless there is someone waiting. I'll be honest the girl at the desk hasn't been the friendliest, but don't let that throw you off. :-)

I'm so excited, I want to look into booking my rental, but I need to figure out my dates this year.

Thanks guys. Good tip about taking pics of car. We know and trust Hans at Tropic so it was never a concern. But this is our 1st time with Amigo. So when you get off plane you go to Amigo kiosk in airport and do paperwork? They did need a $300 deposit for car-no biggie. $500 deposit for 4x4. Thanks Again
    Sean and Susan
    1 0