This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Info on cancelling your flight

Post Thanks / Like
    That stinks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by coldsteel337 View Post
    Peg, what day id your flight?
    We are scheduled for May 5th (Boston to Aruba). I noticed they removed our flight from the schedule around 1:00 and it took until 6:00 for me to get the notice of change. They have, however, waived all cancellation/change fees for travel through May 31st. Insurance policies all vary so much and depending on when you booked and purchased they may or may not reimburse. The insurance I purchased stated after January 1st Coronavirus was a named event and wouldn’t be covered. I purchased our policy in December. The resorts we reserved at have 24 hour cancellation notice so I don’t see a need to put in a claim. I also purchase travel insurance more for the medical coverage than trip cancellation coverage.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    My new favorite airline to hate....I typed up a new motto for JB but did not want our wonderful moderators to get mad at me so I erased it before hitting enter, lol. I am sure you can come up with a few of them yourselves.

Post Thanks / Like
    I must be feeling mellow as I’m not really angry with JetBlue although I do know many who are. These are such unusual circumstances. For me, it’s not clear if they knew ahead of time that Aruba was stopping inbound flights. It must have been chaos adjusting flights. I feel terrible for the people stranded and I’m sure they were beyond stressed. I wonder what the process was to get approval to bring planes in to take people home?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    And more info...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/tip...uiA?li=BBnb7Kz

Please remember this info is dynamic and can change hourly. It's always best to confirm with your airline to get their up to date information.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Very comprehensive guide by TPG...

https://thepointsguy.com/guide/airli...ate=2020-03-25

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We fly United since it’s the only airline at Newark Liberty that flies nonstop to Aruba. Yes, since we live in North Jersey we could go to JFK ( JetBlue or Delta ) but it’s too much of a hassle. United is OK since we fly business class but I always heard good things about JetBlue until now. We were supposed to fly down on 3/16-25 but cancelled when the first 2 cases were confirmed. I continued to look at United flights down and back. Our flight on 3-16 had only 33 passengers. They continued down and back sometimes only with 8 passengers going down. It looks like their last flight coming from Aruba was yesterday, 3-24. I think United helped to get people off the island who wanted to leave. Now I think it will always be United for us!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks walt
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Email from American today.Info on cancelling your flight-screen-shot-2020-03-26-9-17-05-am-jpg