This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Insurance

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Don't give up yet Peg, we transferred our policy to our next April/May trip.

Unfortunately, I’m not sure we’ll be doing any trips next year but we’ll see.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    Yes Jet Blue will give me a credit. Actually my flight was purchased with miles so they will credit me back and reimburse me $60 for the luggage fee, around $140 extra leg room and an $80 credit for taxes I paid. The timeshare which I had insured with Allianz they are not insuring for covid. So I lose out on the $200 interval exchange and the $1,100 maintenance fee I paid. It is what it is..

if you got your original airfare at a great rate (miles or paid) and there was a schedule change (or flight canceled by airline), instead of having Jetblue refund the miles, Keep the reservation in tact & you can have them rebook new dates (even if you don’t know future travel dates) at the fare you paid vs risking paying increased fare. You just need to call them & let them know you dont want to cancel, but do not accept new flight. If flight was cxld, tell the, not to refund miles. Jet Blue had changed their rules for this i believe late june, so ticket would have had to been purchased by then. I can look up the date....ie i booked Several flights from fll-aua for 3,400 points for april- sept & since airline canceled the flight (now they arent flying fll-aua til oct 1) or they routed me to ny then aua, i was able to move my flight to future dates at same rate. This also goes for AA & Delta, too.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by charterprincess View Post
    if you got your original airfare at a great rate (miles or paid) and there was a schedule change (or flight canceled by airline), instead of having Jetblue refund the miles, Keep the reservation in tact & you can have them rebook new dates (even if you don’t know future travel dates) at the fare you paid vs risking paying increased fare. You just need to call them & let them know you dont want to cancel, but do not accept new flight. If flight was cxld, tell the, not to refund miles. Jet Blue had changed their rules for this i believe late june, so ticket would have had to been purchased by then. I can look up the date....ie i booked Several flights from fll-aua for 3,400 points for april- sept & since airline canceled the flight (now they arent flying fll-aua til oct 1) or they routed me to ny then aua, i was able to move my flight to future dates at same rate. This also goes for AA & Delta, too.
    I haven't cancelled my Jet Blue flight yet which surprised me that Allianz approved my claim to cancel insurance so quick. All I submitted was the itenery of the flight and timeshare exchange. I thought they would come back and say to provide proof that i cancelled trip. I was not able to cancel airfare on Jet Blue website on account that they did change itenery same date but different flight time. It says I have to call. When I called it was mentioned it was long wait and if you were not traveling within 2 weeks to call back at a later date. I can wait until then.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I When I called it was mentioned it was long wait and if you were not traveling within 2 weeks to call back at a later date. I can wait until then.
    Nearly every airline has had this message since March... even though some "waits" are less than a few minutes. I'd call and get it done... although doubtful in the short term... you never know when the rules will change again.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blakecreek View Post
    Nearly every airline has had this message since March... even though some "waits" are less than a few minutes. I'd call and get it done... although doubtful in the short term... you never know when the rules will change again.
    I will try again this evening. I just cancelled the insurance for my second trip in December and was granted full refund. 3 checks from Allianz on their way.
    Last edited by ArubaAce; 08-12-2020 at 12:16 PM. Reason: spelling

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Jet Blue will give me a credit. Actually my flight was purchased with miles so they will credit me back and reimburse me $60 for the luggage fee, around $140 extra leg room and an $80 credit for taxes I paid. The timeshare which I had insured with Allianz they are not insuring for covid. So I lose out on the $200 interval exchange and the $1,100 maintenance fee I paid. It is what it is..
    I've noticed that Interval has not been very cooperative regarding cancellations through this whole thing. I hope they change their policies going forward to make it easier to cancel if this virus makes a big comeback in the winter
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EDMLS1358 View Post
    I've noticed that Interval has not been very cooperative regarding cancellations through this whole thing. I hope they change their policies going forward to make it easier to cancel if this virus makes a big comeback in the winter
    I haven't call Interval but saw some information on their website concerning cancellation. It was not that flexible. It mentions that if you received trade confirmation on March 12th or after but traveling thru 5/30 they would allow you to retrade for another date, no cancellation fee then another set of rules traveling thru end of year. But both my confirmations were prior to March 12th so no cancellation process. I may just call them up to see if I can work something out. At the very least maybe offer to extend my week or reimburse the $200 trade fee, something.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I called Interval about my September timeshare exchange to Aruba which I paid a $200 fee. They were very nice and gave me 2 options. The first option they will allow me to cancel my confirmed week at La Cabana in September without any cancellation fee and they would offer me a replacement certificate which is good for 1 year from cancellation date. The second option is to cancel with a purchase of EPLUS for a fee of $59.00 and that option allows a lot more flexibility as I can place a trade exchange up to 3 times and no additional exchange fees. So lets say I place an exchange for next year and cancel I can rebook again next year or 2 more times. So I don't lose out on the week. This is for my September exchange but they could not tell me at this time if they could do anything for me on the December exchange. However, I am hoping I can go to Aruba in December which will be at The Aruba Phoenix. We shall see...

From my experience, if you call and ask nicely if there are any options so that its not a total lost, most business will accommodate. I cancelled my 3 policies with Allianz by stating, I understand you can't cover me for the lost timeshare and I also paid $200 in exchange fee so I'm losing a lot. Can you at least cancel the policy and reimburse my $62.50 for each policy so it's not a total lost? They approved it in 2 days!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We've been using Interval for years, using our place at Surf Club to play "the game". They have always been very accommodating and easy to work with. Glad they gave you something to work with. We use Allianz also and are always happy with them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Walt it gets more interesting and frustrating. So I called Interval Back and said, ok I want the option to purchase the EPLUS for $59.00. The new person I spoke to said, You don't have that option. I'm like, I just spoke to someone an hour ago who gave me that option. He said no la cabana is opened and if you can't go then I'm sorry there are no options. I was very upset! So they transferred me to Customer Service/supervisor and they told me the same. Unbelievable! I should jump at the offer but the customer service rep said that she wasn't sure how that would work out because that option was not in the system. It's amazing how you get different answers when you call.

0 0