This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thread: Miami airport for connection from Aruba

Miami airport for connection from Aruba

Could someone tell me if a 75 minute layover at Miami airport from Aruba is enough time to catch a connection flight to Pittsburgh?( it's on a wed evening in late January), on American Airlines.
    I have a few options, but the timing is the best with the Miami connection, but I'm concerned it's not enough time.
    have to decide by midnight tomorrow.
    Thank you!
    Last edited by mrk; 12-05-2018 at 10:34 PM.

Anything over an hour and I don't worry. If your not changing airlines they often hold the plan as you won't be the only one with that connection. I have not flown through Miami in years and honestly don't recall the airport at all.

I think you'll be good. With the dog rescue work I do in Aruba, American Airlines flight from Aruba to Miami is the only option we have to get adult dogs into the states. They have to transfer then to whichever flight to get to their new home, so this connection is used often. Of course there is always the chance if your first flight is delayed it can alter something, but lets hope not!

No problem at all, we connect through Miami most years and have never had to change terminals. Also keep in mind you will do US Customs before you leave Aruba so it is similar to a domestic connection.

That's enough time to stop and have an adult beverage! We love connecting through Miami.

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    As Aruba4ever says, if you're not changing airlines, connecting through Miami should be straight-forward and you should be ok for time.

Aruba since 1979
    we used to use Miami as a stop.
    we never had an issue with time and always plenty of tie to hop on the train thing and get to the other terminal in plenty of time.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    We connected at Miami to BDL a few weeks ago on a Tuesday and our gates were so close by it was great. We did have a delay leaving Aruba due to a maintenance issue but also had a 5 hr layover so we probably could have walked the entire airport and still had time to wait (lol)