This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: Please

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    144
    Post Thanks / Like
    When faced with facts and the truth, people will believe what they believe to be true. They cannot conceive that they are wrong.
    0 3
     

  2. #12
    Super Moderator WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Surf Club
    Posts
    6,754
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    She must be related to my former chiropractor.
    I think some of these people just are in denial-they don't want to face the facts because it is just too difficult to admit they are wrong.
    I don't think they are in denial; I think they're stupid.
    0 4
     

  3. #13
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    5,522
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    I don't think they are in denial; I think they're stupid.
    Honestly, I truly do not understand. There are people who are well educated, yet won't get vaccinated. They make it political or a rights issue or a control issue or something else. I just don't understand their logic.

    I know there are those who cannot get the shot or the booster. The girl who does my nails-her mom passed out after the second shot-they needed to use an epi pen and take her to the hospital. She can't get the booster.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    432
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    I don't think they are in denial; I think they're stupid.

    I sure agree!
    0 1
     

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    232
    Post Thanks / Like
    While we can all agree to disagree please let me add my own 2 cents in here. While my family is all vaccinated we did so because of my 2y/o grandson. We will not be getting the booster. If some people don't want to get the shot so be it. It is their choice. If they contract it then it happens. If they lose their jobs, so be it. In this country I thought we all had the right to do what we wanted but I guess I was wrong.
    Sorry for venting but enough is enough
    Next Aruba trip in [Countdown=03/19/2016@8;0am;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    1 2
     

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    416
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately if you look up the wrong thing concerning vaccines on your computer you will then see every bad thing written( whether true or not). The younger generation relies on their computers for all their “news”. I have 3 children ages 29-36 and 6 grandkids ages 1-10. All of my children are married,2 have masters degrees,1 has PHD.- my oldest child,her husband and 4 kids will not get vaccinated( she has the anti vaccine algorithm in her computer)- my others all are vaccinated and 1 eligible grandson is all vaccinated,his sister is to young. No matter how much my sons have tried to talk my daughters family into getting the vaccine it is like talking to a wall! Her sister in law is in med school has tried to discuss with her,I have tried to talk to her but all we get is it’s just the flu,blah blah,blah. Very frustrating!
    Jayna-Beach Bum at ❤️
    0 0
     

  7. #17
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    41,318
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe it will be the mandates that will work.

    Are folks really will to lose their jobs? To not be able to travel? To miss out on family or social events?

    I just shake my head.

    As I have said, for those that cannot get the shot, I get it.
    For those that choose not to get the shot due to conspiracy theories, then I am just dumbfounded.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayshea View Post
    Unfortunately if you look up the wrong thing concerning vaccines on your computer you will then see every bad thing written( whether true or not). The younger generation relies on their computers for all their “news”. I have 3 children ages 29-36 and 6 grandkids ages 1-10. All of my children are married,2 have masters degrees,1 has PHD.- my oldest child,her husband and 4 kids will not get vaccinated( she has the anti vaccine algorithm in her computer)- my others all are vaccinated and 1 eligible grandson is all vaccinated,his sister is to young. No matter how much my sons have tried to talk my daughters family into getting the vaccine it is like talking to a wall! Her sister in law is in med school has tried to discuss with her,I have tried to talk to her but all we get is it’s just the flu,blah blah,blah. Very frustrating!

    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 1
     

  8. #18
    Senior Member bhoffdhoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    772
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know what the big deal is about the vaccines. I mean in the 1950's we were so glad when a vaccine was found for polio. I remember (vaguely) getting my polio boosters. I still have the little round mark on my arm left from the smallpox vaccine. I had a cousin who was in an iron lung because of polio. I see no reason for there not to be mandates. We are both vaxed and boosted. I just want covid to be over. Sorry for the ramble.
    0 4
     

  9. #19
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    6,356
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bhoffdhoff View Post
    I don't know what the big deal is about the vaccines. I mean in the 1950's we were so glad when a vaccine was found for polio. I remember (vaguely) getting my polio boosters. I still have the little round mark on my arm left from the smallpox vaccine. I had a cousin who was in an iron lung because of polio. I see no reason for there not to be mandates. We are both vaxed and boosted. I just want covid to be over. Sorry for the ramble.
    Yup.... ditto this!
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the best of men!
    0 0
     

  10. #20
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    5,522
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the funniest thing is when they spout their conspiracy theories and I give them back logic. They then change the subject or get upset or can't seem to put a sentence together.

    I was talking to a guy that was called for an estimate to do work at my husband's office complex. Total antivaxer, conspiracy theorist, scripture quoting. For every argument, I had a better reply. He says "God will protect me" I say God gave us the vaccine. I also tell him that the bible says we must do everything to save a life and getting the vaccine saves lives. He changes the subject to microchipping-I told him if everyone had microchips then when I am old and senile they won't have to issue a Silver Alert when I go missing. I also said it would reduce crime because if everyone was chipped, they would know who was where when and easily know who committed the crime. He says, something about the government knowing where you are. I told him if I am not doing something wrong, then what is the problem? He mumbles something to the effect of "they will figure out a way to take it out of their body" and then tells me to have a good day and gets in his truck. I love making these people squirm with logic.

    My former chiropractor. Even before covid he lead a march against required school vaccinations in NJ. Over several visits: He says stuff like "why get the vaccine if it doesn't prevent you from getting the virus, only dying from it'. Me -Not dying is high on my list. Him: Do I think covid started in a lab or the wet markets. Me: I really don't know and I don't think we will ever know. Him: Obama had them researching this type of virus when he was president in the Carolinas. The Democrats and China worked together to spread the virus to get Trump out of office. Me: I don't know whether the virus came from the wet markets or the labs in China. If it came from the labs it could be accidental-someone not following protocols. If it was on purpose, maybe it was because China was upset that Trump put the tariffs on the goods coming out of China. His reply "Isn't so and so your cousin?"(a state senator and friend of the chiropractor). Me: yep-his mother is my first cousin, I babysat for him and change his diapers as a baby and I also taught with his mother-in-law for many years. Him: Did you vote for him? Me; yes he is family. I have not been back to the chiropractor and did not vote for my cousin in this November's election since he has made his antivax feeling know publically.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •