This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Question about having to have a return flight.

Post Thanks / Like

Question about having to have a return flight.

Hi all,

I remember reading a bit back that you have to have a flight home booked in order to travel to Aruba. I was wondering if anyone has booked their to and from flights on different airlines? We may want to do this in April, but I am paranoid that it wont work. Any advise?

I did try and find any previous posts on this, but was unlucky in my search.

Thanks!!

0 0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes to different airlines. folks do it all of the time.

a few years ago from Boston, we were on AA to Aruba and JB returning.

live-webcams-and-channels. Aruba Webcams
    1 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We just did this on our most recent visit. Jet Blue down, American back. Jet Blue required me to show proof of our return flight when checking in. I had it printed and ready to show them. She typed a bunch of stuff in the computer, so I'm not sure what would have happened if I didn't have my return flight info on hand?
    Always planning our next trip
    1 1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We do it al the time.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.
    1 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    If you can't show you have a return ticket you would not be allowed to board the flight according to the Jet Blue agent who checked me in last March when I flew Southwest down to Aruba and JB back.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    We just did this on our most recent visit. Jet Blue down, American back. Jet Blue required me to show proof of our return flight when checking in. I had it printed and ready to show them. She typed a bunch of stuff in the computer, so I'm not sure what would have happened if I didn't have my return flight info on hand?

1 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone! I figured it had to be doable, but just needed some reassurance!

0 2 0

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    We always book separate airlines because we go with the best deal, both price and layover times. We have never had a problem, but as others have said, be sure that you have proof of a return flight.

1 0 0