This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Some issues at the airport today

Post Thanks / Like

Some issues at the airport today

The airport posted this on FB. Glad I'm not going or coming in today. Some people are real idiots.

Queen Beatrix International AirportLike Page
    his is an update on the situation going on at the airport right now at 1630 hrs.
    Around 1500 hrs a bomb threat was reported in the US CBP reclaim area. Due to that the airport operations were stopped. 1 person was arrested and bag was secured. Bomb Squad researched the bag and confirmed that there was no threat. Passenger made a "joke". At 1610 hrs airport operations restarted. Arrival process has continued throughout this situation. At 1624 hrs KLM and TUI flights diverted (CUR) due to lack of aircraft stands. More aircraft might be diverted.
    The airport as well as the local authorities takes any type of threat very seriously and takes the necessary precautions to ensure the safety first of all our passengers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope the "joker" is detained in Korrectie Instituut Aruba for a while. People just don't get the disruption caused by stupidity at the airport. I've seen it before, and you should see the tears flow when the security personnel confront them. Jerks....

0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Despicable.
    I too hope that the "joker" is detained at the KIA for a good amount of time.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 1