This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spirit Airlines

Post Thanks / Like

Spirit Airlines

Hi

Trying to coordinate some airfare for a possible trip this summer.
    Anyone use Spirit to Aruba? Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

thanks!
    8th trip to Aruba!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I have not but have had friends do it and they regretted it for sure. Its a budget airline and if its the only way to fly I would do it but if anything was even close in cost I would look elsewhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply. We have used Spirit but only for short flights.

Going to continue to look!

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    I have not but have had friends do it and they regretted it for sure. Its a budget airline and if its the only way to fly I would do it but if anything was even close in cost I would look elsewhere.
    8th trip to Aruba!
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    What is your point of origin? If it’s somewhere like Florida, then it’s a lot less risky. Having said that, I’ve never (and won’t) fly spirit anywhere because 1. They nickel and dime you for EVERYTHING (seat selection, carry on fee, checked bag fee). And 2, as a budget airline, there are little to no alternatives when things go wrong (delays, cancellations, technical issues). They don’t usually offer multiple flights to a given destination on the same day so you could be left in a pickle. Flying is stressful enough. just wanted to add a little more perspective

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    we have flown Spirit, Allegiant and Pioneer domestically and hate them all.
    it is the being nickel and dimed as Bri said........and the "chance of being in the pickle" is real.

we were on an allegiant flight once and it was delayed due to mechanical issues.
    when all was OK and we boarded we then had to get off as the pilot and crew would have exceeded their time/hours.
    they got off, they had us get off and we were stuck for 2 days.
    it was the craziest damned thing.
    they flew the empty plane from Portsmouth NH to Bangor ME the next day to help others in a "pickle"
    never again

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone for your insight. We are flying from Chicago so will stick with a major airline. Although we have had issues twice flying down to Aruba on AA. Flight delays then turned into a cancellation and lost luggage ect..
    8th trip to Aruba!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Look at United flights too!

Post Thanks / Like
    We are flying Spirit to go to Vegas next week. We've used them before, but it is not my favorite airline; however, DH, prefers non-stop. Spirit is our only choice from our departure city to LV non-stop. My biggest complaint is the seat! It was like sitting on a rock. I've purchased a new travel pillow that is memory foam and its rectangular. I hope it helps.

and maybe a 55th b-day in Aruba, Feb, 2020

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We have used for short flights, not my favorite but in a pinch it's ok. A good travel pillow should help. GOod luck! Using Frontier for the first time for a quick trip to Nashville, hoping it's ok.

I will continue to search for airfare for Aruba! Will go with a major airline.
    8th trip to Aruba!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We flew with Spirit three years ago on our last trip to Aruba from Ft. Lauderdale. No issues. We are flying with them again this September to Aruba again. Hopefully it goes as smoothly as the last.
    1 0