This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thread: SWA is now open for bookings thru Jan 5 2020

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

SWA is now open for bookings thru Jan 5 2020

SWA is open thru Jan 5

I just booked our Nov/Dec.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    You know that feeling when you should book the Southwest flight but its the least convenient airport and you really want to book first class at a closer airport but you can't really justify the money...that's where I'm at. At least we now have 2 nonstop options for our flight home.

Southwest question - do you find your get more out of your miles using them on international or domestic flight, or no real difference?

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I understand
    about the inconvenient airport and the desire for first or business class.

We use SWA for Aruba travel and New England travel.
    Aruba for our dates has consistently been under 20000 points and New England travel from MCO or TPA is over 30000.
    These are per person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    You know that feeling when you should book the Southwest flight but its the least convenient airport and you really want to book first class at a closer airport but you can't really justify the money...that's where I'm at. At least we now have 2 nonstop options for our flight home.

Southwest question - do you find your get more out of your miles using them on international or domestic flight, or no real difference?
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    I understand
    about the inconvenient airport and the desire for first or business class.

We use SWA for Aruba travel and New England travel.
    Aruba for our dates has consistently been under 20000 points and New England travel from MCO or TPA is over 30000.
    These are per person.
    We only needed one way because I had already found a great deal for our flights to Aruba. Here's another benefit of SWA, you have the option to change your flight with no fees. We had enough points for 1 of our tickets, so we booked 1 with points and 1 with money. I will keep watching the first class and if they drop down by some odd chance, we will use the southwest credit for another weekend getaway. So we are completely booked!

0 4

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    We only needed one way because I had already found a great deal for our flights to Aruba. Here's another benefit of SWA, you have the option to change your flight with no fees. We had enough points for 1 of our tickets, so we booked 1 with points and 1 with money. I will keep watching the first class and if they drop down by some odd chance, we will use the southwest credit for another weekend getaway. So we are completely booked!
    This strategy worked out - the first class on the way home to a more convenient airport went low to the price we were happy with so we booked and cancelled SWA. We got all of our points credited back and now we have an excuse to travel again because we "have to use" the SWA credit.

0 2