This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: SWA now open thru Jan 4 2021

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

SWA now open thru Jan 4 2021

prices high

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I saw that and no direct from FLL
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    so I guess our flight in November on AA was a good choice.
    SWA is not only taking baby steps, they are taking minuscule steps.
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAngela View Post
    Yes I saw that and no direct from FLL
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Andrea do you fly out of Miami??? If so, where do you park?
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    sometimes we fly out of Miami and we have parked at one of the hotels...did a park, sleep, fly deal.
    sometimes we fly out of Lauderdale and do the same kind of park, sleep fly deal.
    in Nov we are flying MCO to MIA to AUA and will hook a ride to and from the airport from our local limo service.
    (We live in Lakeland)

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAngela View Post
    Andrea do you fly out of Miami??? If so, where do you park?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Andrea;
    I am thinking the same to fly out of MCO to MIA; (but still have to do a fly/park/ stay) will decide soon. lol
    SWA "just" sent me an email today telling us our flight was canceled.. funny I knew a long time ago.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning. Does anyone have info on SouthWest and their flights (or lack of) to Aruba? Did they cancel service to AUA altogether? they're booking window is open thru early Jan 2021 and I just tried to book our December trip but couldn't find any flights. Finally tried the "Low Fare Calendar" link on the SW homepage and EVERYDAY from now until Jan states "Unavailable". If there is already info out there about this, sorry if I missed it. I've been saving my miles to book our tix and now I can't use them
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Southwest is flying nonstop from BWI starting Nov 1, 2020. Im not sure if they are flying non-stop from anywhere else. We are in the south florida area and would fly swa Non-stop from FLL (fort lauderdale) to AUA. Now if flying from say orlando or fort lauderdale area, you will connect thru BWI.

also here is a tip for those that had/will have canceled flights - if you are booked on other airlines (Ie American, jet blue, delta) And the airline cancels flight or has a sched change (usually has to be at least 45 min difference, if not longer), you can move your flight to alternate dates and not pay difference in fare. (This is different than airlines waiving change fee). For example, during the shutdown, i booked several one way flights booked on jet blue, american and delta at ridiculously low rates of $45-$60 for travel in april all the way thru jan 2021 from different cities to Aruba & slightly more for returns in coach and $150- $200 for biz class (one way). Of course, the airlines canceled the flights for april, may june & a few in july, but my reservations are still “In tact” - meaning i did not cancel them with the airline. Now i can change the cxld flights to any future dates i want as long as there is availability (Of course fares are a lot higher), but Since the airline made the change, i dont have to pay difference in fare (Even during holiday/high peak travel time). So, when im ready to rebook, im locked in at the really low fares.

So if you had flights booked that got cxld and they were at a good rate, or if upcoming flights get canceled & are at a great rate, be sure not to cancel them for future credit. The airline might even call you to ask what you want to do, just tell them you will call back to reschedule. Otherwise, you will lose your rights to rebook at same rate. When rebooking, if the airline rep says you have to pay difference in fare, just tell them you are changing due to airline schedule change and you shouldnt have to pay difference in fare. Now jet blue tried to make me move to 1st avail date they were flying, but when i spoke with a manager, they let me push them to later. Unfortunately, SWA & Spirit just issue you a credit for future travel. I didn’t have flights booked on anyone else, so not sure their policies.

Now, the above does not count for “Voluntary Changes” - where your flight is still scheduled as booked but you want to move it for whatever reason. For that, the change fee will be waived but you will most likely have to pay the difference in fare.

of course, airlines are constantly adjusting policies and this could change at any time. More importantly, they are most likely not going to just willingly offer moving your flight for same rate (When due to airline changing/canceling) because they want to get as much $$ as possible and the majority of travelers are unaware of this option. They will most likely give new fare & you will have to tell them there should be no diff in fare based on airline canceling flight or airline making schedule change.
    0 0