This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Terminal 5 at JFK

Post Thanks / Like

Terminal 5 at JFK

We will be flying into JFK from Seattle on Jetblue for our connecting flight to Aruba also on Jetblue, being this is our first time on Jetblue and flying into JFK I was wondering what the airport/terminal is like. The layover is 2 hours so we won't really have a lot of time to check things out but is there anything that anyone can suggest is a must at that terminal? Place to grab a quick bite to eat? Also, this is our first time on Jetblue, I checked online and its seems to be a somewhat highly regarded airline (unlike Spirit or Frontier or American) how is the experience of checking in, flight attendants, gate agents, seat comfort etc...

Sorry for the lengthy post, I am just posting my thoughts as they come to me, no filtering.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    It's a really large terminal with a lot of shops. I can't recommend anything specific but they do have a lot of places to eat and quick grabs. There is this boars head deli I used to go to where you can order a fresh sandwich. I used to get a few for the plane for my family. There is a duty free for International Travelers, clothing shops etc.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    It's a really large terminal with a lot of shops. I can't recommend anything specific but they do have a lot of places to eat and quick grabs. There is this boars head deli I used to go to where you can order a fresh sandwich. I used to get a few for the plane for my family. There is a duty free for International Travelers, clothing shops etc.
    The Boars Head deli is no longer there it is now a bagel place. You can still get sandwiches.
    0 0

Pop-pop Brian
    We used to fly out of JFK Terminal 5 all the time on JetBlue but since they have expanded service in nearby Newark Airport (we live in North Jersey) including to Aruba, we don't use Terminal 5 as much.

One winter, JetBlue used to have an awesome service at Terminal 5. It was a coat check service. When you were flying to a warm weather location in the winter, you show up at the airport in your winter coat. Rather than taking it with you to Aruba, Florida, or other warm weather locations, you could "check your coat" at Terminal 5 for something like $2/ day! Very reasonable to not have to schlep your winter coat to a Caribbean resort!
    Alas, the service only lasted one year.
    They are always trying innovative things there as it is JetBlue's dedicated terminal and their main US hub.
    0 0