This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ticket Purchases

Post Thanks / Like

Ticket Purchases

Do you buy your tickets directly from the airline or do you purchase through Orbitz, Expedia, or Travelocity?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Directly from the airlines.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Generally I purchase tickets directly with the airlines. There have been times in the past that I got a better price on Expedia. While I have always been happy with Expedia, in these times I would only book direct.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Directly from airline website.

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Always directly with airline.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Direct from the airline.

In 2013 our travel agent had booked us a flight in Europe going from Spain to Italy on a regional airline using I think Expedia. About a week before we left for Spain, I went online to see their luggage restrictions and discovered that the airline went bankrupt and shut down. Expedia was still sending the travel agent reminding that the flight is was in a week, and even the day before we were supposed to fly sent an email reminder to check in online. She had never been notified that they were no longer flying. If I wasn't concerned about weight restrictions, we would have arrived at the airport in Malaga, Spain without a clue to what had happened and no flight to get us to Venice to meet up with friends(including the travel agent) for a cruise the next day. Expedia really screwed up and I don't trust any of those companies.
    Last edited by robin; 09-29-2020 at 01:08 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I always buy direct, but use Kayak to search for fares, both round trip and one way.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Always directly through the website. Changes and cancellations can get sketchy using a third party.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Always directly through the website. Changes and cancellations can get sketchy using a third party.
    Exactly, and learned the hard way a number of years ago. We called the airline for support with a booking once and as soon as they heard that we booked through Expedia, well, I might as well have just hung up the phone.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Many times we book directly with the airlines BUT other times we use our Chase points to pay for the fare and in that case we need to use the Chase booking service. It is just as easy actually and when we needed to cancel due to Covid, Chase handled it for us and restored all points to my account. The only downside to using the points is then I need to consider the cost of the baggage. If I use the airline card I get free luggage.
    0 0