This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Travel from London England to Aruba

Post Thanks / Like

Travel from London England to Aruba

Finally I have persuaded my sister and husband to come to Aruba next year! I live in New York and have been going there for many years and was hooked the first visit like everyone else.Now ....getting her there seems to be a nightmare. Anyone have any suggestions...experienced the trip from the UK to Aruba....anything? Getting desperate in case she changes her mind...lol would greatly appreciate any ideas.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, no experience from the UK but have met a fair amount of people who do travel from there. It seems that most people we’ve talked with booked a package, I think it was with Thomas Cook. Wonder if it would make sense to just book to NY, spend a few days with you and then travel to Aruba? Hopefully, someone will post with better info!

0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are nonstops on KLM Holland to Aruba.
    Your sister and husband should look into flying from London to Holland and then on to Aruba.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also have met lots of lovely people from London, long flights but they usually stay quite a bit longer than us. I hope you can convince her to jump on board, tell her it will be so worth it. good luck!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I know it's not completely the same, but we just returned from Aruba, and 1 member of our group of 8 is from France. It was actually cheaper for him to fly to Boston a few days early, stay with his relative (also traveling with us) and then fly to Aruba with us. Would this be an option for your sister?

I imagine it would help with the jet lag as well, as they could adjust to the time difference before arriving in Aruba.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Great suggestions from everyone...thank you. Unfortunately time constraints with work for them won’t allow them to come here first then travel down with us. We also live in rural New York which makes it more expensive. However I have checked out KLM to Amsterdam and then to Aruba and I think that is going to be our best bet.Wish me luck trying to convince them it’s well worth it.Maybe pictures from my trip this year...in 18 days ...but who’s counting....will persuade them
    0 1