This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thread: West Jet cancelled flights

Post Thanks / Like

West Jet cancelled flights

This question is for fellow Canadians who may have had a WestJet flight to Aruba cancelled due to the pandemic starting in March. Has anyone received a refund or was it added to your travel bank? We had two trips to Aruba cancelled due to covid on WestJet and both were banked. Good for two years. Now they are offering refunds so I submitted request forms twice now with no response. Contacted WestJet only through messenger and was told it was not on the list for refunds. Not yet. The website doesn't state that. Refunds given to flights affected by covid starting in March. Aruba was affected was it not?
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I am in the same situation. WE were to return to Canada in ay. The flight was cancelled till June, then July, Then August and then operations ceased. We were to return to Aruba in December after spending the summer months in Canada. That flight too is cancelled.

We received the forms for the cancelled May flight, nithing for the December flight.

At this time we have hard nothing from Worstjet. Very poor customer relations.

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning aquaman and LK1, and everyone else,

It may take a little more time but it seems like the government is holding out a carrot to WestJet and their pals over at Air Canada.

If what I read and heard is correct, both airlines want Federal government financial aid. A condition of getting it is that they first have to refund customers for flights cancelled due to COVID-19 so both WJ and AC have an incentive to send you your refund.

We have a travel credit with AC for our cancelled flight to Aruba this past October. We be heading back to Aruba, likely in October 2021.

Here's hoping you get your money back soon. More important, here's hoping we can all get back to Aruba in the next few months.

Stay safe.

Glenn
    Winnipeg, Canada
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Given the uncertainty of WSJ return flights last March, we opted to secure seats on the AC relief flight back to YYZ so ended up with Travel Bank credit from WSJ. We just arrived in AUA this past Saturday and received notice yesterday our return on Apr 13 is cancelled. I contacted them via PM on Twitter and already have our refund for the return and seats. I also got confirmation that Travel Bank dollars set to expire this coming March are extended 12 months. There continues to be a lot of volatility with flights. We feel very safe here and will continue to live quietly at our house with very restricted interactions for the foreseeable future. BE healthy and safe everyone.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    As of today, all Westjet flights to/from Aruba are showing as starting again on June 25, 2021

Post Thanks / Like
    We had WJ flights booked for March and they were cancelled this week. I received a travel bank credit and friends of mine received a refund. I wonder if it would do any good to call to ask for a credit?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynz1222 View Post
    We had WJ flights booked for March and they were cancelled this week. I received a travel bank credit and friends of mine received a refund. I wonder if it would do any good to call to ask for a credit?

Yes, I would. I had several trips booked with them. I called and was sent an email form. Filled it in and received full credits within days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, I will look in to it.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Aquaman...thank you for your recommendation to contact Westjet. I called them and the reason we were given a Travel Bank Credit was because I used some Wesjet dollars when booking the flights. In order to receive a refund to my credit card it had to be done manually over the phone.
    0 0