This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When to book for November/December 2020?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    We too, are sitting on the fence. This year we have other commitments mid October to mid November. We also have to be home for mid December plans. We usually go to a convention in early September, and were planning on a stop in Vegas at the same time. If the convention gets canceled, we might go the island instead. Our air prices to Aruba are so inexpensive right now, we’d hate to pass them up. As an example; round trip economy class, is currently $250 pp. What to do and when...
    At that price and with some airlines waiving change fees, I think you almost have to book those flights.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We have Dec. booked Sat. to Sat.(for our 30th anniversary) for $543 direct round trip after it dropped $65 a person. It has been going up and down since, but never below what I paid. I booked it about two weeks ago. In early Feb. before this craziness started I book our Jan. 4 (Monday) down for $237 a person and yesterday I booked the return for Thursday, March 4th for $296 for a total of $533 a person which is a great rate for AA direct out of Philadelphia. Both are main cabin, not economy as we like to pick our seats. I am afraid as people start to rebook that the prices may inch up.

On the AA site, you have to click whether or not you want the insurance. Next to the option to take it, it said Covid19 exempt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like American extended their "can travel on or before" dates to December 2021 now. It had been December 2020.

As of April 7, 2020:

The change fee is waived if you:

• Booked an American Airlines flight
    • Bought your ticket on or before April 7, 2020
    • Are scheduled to travel March 1 - September 30, 2020
    • Can travel on or before December 31, 2021

Keep in mind, you may owe any difference in ticket price when you rebook your trip.
    Change your trip or cancel and rebook later

You’re allowed to make changes to your trip once. You can change it now, or cancel and rebook later.
    Keep in mind:
    Travel must be completed on or before December 31, 2021. The change fee will be waived but you may still owe any difference in ticket price when you rebook your trip.

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if they refund you $$$ if the flight you select cost less.

Quote Originally Posted by phrogg108 View Post
    Looks like American extended their "can travel on or before" dates to December 2021 now. It had been December 2020.

As of April 7, 2020:

The change fee is waived if you:

• Booked an American Airlines flight
    • Bought your ticket on or before April 7, 2020
    • Are scheduled to travel March 1 - September 30, 2020
    • Can travel on or before December 31, 2021

Keep in mind, you may owe any difference in ticket price when you rebook your trip.
    Change your trip or cancel and rebook later

You’re allowed to make changes to your trip once. You can change it now, or cancel and rebook later.
    Keep in mind:
    Travel must be completed on or before December 31, 2021. The change fee will be waived but you may still owe any difference in ticket price when you rebook your trip.

Post Thanks / Like
    We rebooked our Delta flights in April/May to July. It was less for our first class seats and we each received a $37.00 credit. Don't know if American is following suit, but it would stand to reason that they are.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We have booked our flight to Aruba, got a great price for first class on AA and it's a popular route through Miami so I feel pretty good about it. I'm still hunting for the best flight home, prices seem to be holding pretty steady for now.
    0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I wonder if they refund you $$$ if the flight you select cost less.
    That is what I am also wondering. I have not called AA yet to even start trying to rebook tickets, but when I do, that is definitely going to be a question. Plus, I wonder if we decided to go main cabin instead of 1st class (perish the thought! I know... ) for this round, if we would get the money back or if it would stay on our account for another trip or what. I would guess they would keep it?

I have not had the energy to even entertain calling AA yet, so once I find that spark, I will call and see what I am up against.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    We rebooked our Delta flights in April/May to July. It was less for our first class seats and we each received a $37.00 credit. Don't know if American is following suit, but it would stand to reason that they are.
    I did the same on Delta. No change fee for changing dates from April to Nov. Got a refund because my first class seats were at a lower rate than I initially paid. Refund went straight to my credit card (not a credit for a future flight.) No clue about other airlines but they tend to follow same protocol.
    ~Amy~® -- South Beach: Jan. 2020 -- New Orleans: Feb. 2020 -- Playa del Carmen: March 2020 -- Oregon winecountry/coast: July 2020 -- 40th trip to Aruba: Nov. 2020

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We have our reservations at La Cabana but have not booked our flight yet. We have tons of credits from flights we had to cancel for May and June so I think I will book first class.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I finally mustered up the energy to call AA. We rebooked our trip for October and got a better deal on the tickets. Still got first class. However, instead of any kind of credit back to my credit card, we got an additional credit for the difference on future AA flights. So, in other words, AA did not give me a refund outright, but I still have about $750 in credit with them. In full transparency, I did not ask for a refund of any kind. I just let them do what they did. Perhaps I should have asked more questions, but I was just happy with how easy it was, along with having that extra refund banked towards another trip.

0 2