This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: When to book for November/December 2020?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well persistency pays off, and we are booked. A fare I have been watching for weeks popped up this morning with a low miles web special and we ended up having enough miles to book the flight home first class on AA. It will be a new route for us, connecting through Charlotte. Any connection has to be better than Miami - we always get delayed coming home through Miami. I will never understand why we don't have more nonstop options from DC! We had an option of coming home a day earlier to fly direct, but it wasn't worth giving up a full day to us. The flight leaves Aruba later in the afternoon on a Sunday so it will be interesting to see how the airport flows. I have a feeling those of us who travel during the slower time between October and December are in for an unusual crowd with all of the people who can rebook trips. I am not usually one to make reservations too far in advance but I think this year I will.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Tracey....I love CLT airport....very nice and so much easier than Miami! Happy for you!
    0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Tracey, glad you got your flights. The last time I flew through Charlotte was in 2018 (was a trip To/from Aruba on AA) the Charlotte airport was still under renovations but no
    hiccups. I imagine things flow pretty seamlessly and certainly much better than MIA.

My preference is to take the last possible flight home from Aruba so it usually puts me at the airport between 11 and 1. I still follow the 3 hour rule and the airport is still in full swing within that window. Timing has always worked out well. Good thing you got first class coming home because the bag drop/check in line is always LONG for AA.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We did a late fight last year and it made for a very relaxing last day. I like either the earliest flight or latest. We stopped in Charlotte on our way to our Vegas wedding almost 10 years ago but that was such a whirlwind I really don't remember the airport at all. I appreciate the positive experiences.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Well persistency pays off, and we are booked. A fare I have been watching for weeks popped up this morning with a low miles web special and we ended up having enough miles to book the flight home first class on AA. It will be a new route for us, connecting through Charlotte. Any connection has to be better than Miami - we always get delayed coming home through Miami. I will never understand why we don't have more nonstop options from DC! We had an option of coming home a day earlier to fly direct, but it wasn't worth giving up a full day to us. The flight leaves Aruba later in the afternoon on a Sunday so it will be interesting to see how the airport flows. I have a feeling those of us who travel during the slower time between October and December are in for an unusual crowd with all of the people who can rebook trips. I am not usually one to make reservations too far in advance but I think this year I will.
    Which DC airport do you use?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Which DC airport do you use?
    We have done all 3. DCA and Dulles are about the same distance for us, BWI and Richmond are similar distances for us, doable but not as convenient. Southwest flies direct from BWI most days and United flies direct from Dulles but only their Saturday direct flight is consistent outside of high season.

Edit: I prefer DCA, my husband prefers Dulles.
    0 0