This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Your aruba trip cancelled? on hold? still on schedule?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope the surgery goes well.
    We hope to reschedule sometime this summer but only time will tell. I was first bummed about missing our yearly family trip but it’s sort of passed now. I’ve just been busy trying to work at home, keeping others busy working at home and keeping my son occupied / doing some learning a couple hours a day. It’s really a hard for the young getting bounced out of their schedule and hearing not so great news everyday. We’re doing what we can to limit news for his sake.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    And, to add to my previous post, we booked flights on Weds night. Had enough points to book 3 out of our 4 legs, and only had to pay cash for 1 leg, and the extra legroom seats.

Fingers crossed that things have settled down enough for us to make the trip. I know we are incredibly lucky. My husband delivers food to grocery stores, so he's 'essential' I work for a small, family owned construction company, and am being allowed to work from home 30 hrs/week. There is some paperwork I'll need to be onsite for, but I'm able to go in on Saturday, when no one else is around. I have lysol wipes, hand sanitizer, and gloves.
    ~Debbie
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

SWA email to me (re: travel 5/7-5/24

We are proactively notifying you that your upcoming trip to, from, or connecting through Aruba on May 7, 2020 will be affected by upcoming reductions we are making to our flight schedule.
    We encourage you to rebook your trip for travel on or after June 6, 2020 and within 60 days of your original travel date by visiting Southwest.com/rebook*. Doing this online is your best option and will be available until Monday, March 30 at 5 p.m. CST.
    You can change your travel to a date 60 days from the original date of travel without paying any difference in fare if you are traveling between the same origin and destination. Look for flights that display as "Available." Flights that show a price point are not eligible for a change without paying a fare difference. We recommend doing this online as call volumes are likely to be very high, so wait times to reach a Southwest® Representative may be long.
    If you do not modify your travel by Monday, March 30 at 5 p.m. CST, a Southwest Representative will reach out to you in the coming weeks to discuss how you would like to handle your reservation. If you are unsure of your travel plans, you can also cancel your flight by visiting Southwest.com/rebook* and retain those funds for future travel. The funds used to pay for a nonrefundable ticket are normally valid for one year from the date of purchase. However, in recognition of the current travel environment, we are extending the expiration date of some travel funds:
    Customers' funds that have expired or will expire between March 1-May 31, 2020, will now expire June 30, 2021.

Any travel funds created because of a flight cancellation between March 1-May 31, 2020, will have an expiration date of June 30, 2021.

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I looked at my SWA page and the flights have not been cancelled per my account.

I wonder if we do reschedule for June if we will have difficulty finding accommodations?

and....

if Aruba is open in early June and we head to AUA ....I am wondering if we'd be ridiculous as to just wing it and find a place once we arrive?
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 03-27-2020 at 09:59 PM.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Yikes, you are a brave woman!! My fear is we don’t know how soon Aruba will open it’s borders to inbound flights. Also, how long for hotels to be up and running. Right now it doesn’t feel like there has been much flattening of the curve. I guess though it’s low risk since most places have very liberal cancellation policies now.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    I looked at my SWA page and the flights have not been cancelled per my account.

I wonder if we do reschedule for June if we will have difficulty finding accommodations?

and....

if Aruba is open in early June and we head to AUA ....I am wondering if we'd be ridiculous as to just wing it and find a place once we arrive?

0 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    it looks to me like the curve resembles a launch from cape canaveral.

I am pretty sure that aruba will not open its borders til the all clear (curve flattening ) is long and steady in the usa and Europe.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like

I am pretty sure that aruba will not open its borders til the all clear (curve flattening ) is long and steady in the usa and Europe.
    Agree. That’s why it was shutdown in the first place.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like

Very accurate description.

I think once that curve starts to comedown, and I seriously hope it nosedives, I'd guess you'd be safe to plan your trip.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking at airfare this morning to Aruba for our next trip on Google Flights. This is the first time I've ever seen round trip economy flights, from Syracuse, for less than $300 pp round trip. These prices are available for most dates all the way into November.

Walt and Andrea. If this is in the wrong thread please move it for me. Thank you!

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok...going to copy it to airfare
    0 0