This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thread: Building costs in Aruba

Post Thanks / Like

Building costs in Aruba

Hello, I am trying to find out what the average building costs would be in Aruba?
    Looking to build a 4 bedroom room versus buying a pre existing one to see if it makes sense.
    Also would like to know if lots are available within walking distance to Eagle Beach area.
    Thank you in advance!
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I recommend visiting Aruba, taking lots of time and meet with numerous realtors.
    Many folks here will recommend realtors.

How many visits have you made to Aruba that you were able to narrow it down to the Eagle Beach area?
    Have you ever visited the Savenetta area?

Quote Originally Posted by ohana View Post
    Hello, I am trying to find out what the average building costs would be in Aruba?
    Looking to build a 4 bedroom room versus buying a pre existing one to see if it makes sense.
    Also would like to know if lots are available within walking distance to Eagle Beach area.
    Thank you in advance!

Post Thanks / Like
    What do you consider walking distance to Eagle Beach?

We used http://www.prestigerealtynv.com/ to purchase and manage our condo.

We know an Aruban who is building and it is a long process of approvals and all materials have to be shipped in. You also have to think about who will manage the construction.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Robin and Andrea have given good advice. In addition, any land within walking distance to Eagle Beach likely would be lease land....you lease it from government and pay a fee each year. Best to get a reliable realtor and also speak with a Notary (not the same as a notary in USA). As to cost...if you are building whatever cost you are quoted double it at least. The process is so much more involved here...remember you would need to make sure you have a 'real' electrician and plumber...many perform the service but...! If building the more I think about it...you should be on the island to check and to supervise.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    The formula on Aruba is:

2100 x m2 = estimated cost (in Florin).

The range is anything between 1800 to 2300 with conventional building methods. Anything much higher than 2300 per m2, they are likely ripping you off and anything much lower than 1800 they are likely ripping off the government.
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I would also say it van be done around 2000 awg per m2 average. Prices of building materials got more expensive over the last years.

Might be interesting to know when the building is done, the appraisal value is around 2400 Awg per m2
    - Buyers Agent Aruba -

- Independent Agency looking out for the interests of Buyers only! Free professional guidance when buying property in Aruba -

0 0