This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Car Rental and Banking

Post Thanks / Like

Car Rental and Banking

Hello all. I am coming down to the island in January for the first time. I am staying for 30 days but would like to stay longer if given permission. That said, any advice on renting a car for the month as well as banking info would be greatly appreciated. Can I use American credit cards? Can I get cash from my American bank from an ATM?

dave
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Dave, Tropic has nice cars for extended stays. We usually rent from them for 3 weeks or so. American credit cards are accepted in most places, make sure you are using one with no foreign transaction fees. ATMs are located all over the island, but I'm not sure of the fees they charge. Enjoy your stay!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Walt!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Dave. I believe there is about $8 charge per transaction, while using ATM machine

Post Thanks / Like
    I also use Tropic. So I second using them as well for car rental
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    As of yesterday (the last time I used ATM) RBC does not impose a charge. There is a drive up RBC ATM machine at the airport, on the left facing the Hyatt (and close to Hyatt. There is also an RBC at Seaport near the 5 o'Clock Somewhere bar. Can't miss it. ATM at the main RBC bank in the area of Ling's. ATMs that belong to CMB charge a $10 fee for each use.
    1 0