This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finding Land

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Finding Land

Hey all! New here.

I am trying to set out a plan to build on Aruba. I came across an abandoned shell of a house (no windows, no doors, no electricity, crumbling concrete). I am very interested in the plot of land that the structure is on. How could I go about finding out who owns it/who is presently leasing it/if it is owned or leased at all? I am currently using a mediator and I’m paying out way too much money for no info so far (some info on other properties but none on this property). I have emailed/whatsapp’d NINE different realtors and not one has gotten back to me — even when I ask about properties that they have listed for sale.

Am I totally out of luck unless I go back to Aruba myself? I just left a few weeks ago and right now financially I can’t go back but I am anxious to get this worked out.

Thanks for any advice!
    Kayla from Canada who WANTS to be from Aruba
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I replied to your other posting.

Doing the legwork yourself is the best plan of action imo.

Quote Originally Posted by km89 View Post
    Hey all! New here.

I am trying to set out a plan to build on Aruba. I came across an abandoned shell of a house (no windows, no doors, no electricity, crumbling concrete). I am very interested in the plot of land that the structure is on. How could I go about finding out who owns it/who is presently leasing it/if it is owned or leased at all? I am currently using a mediator and I’m paying out way too much money for no info so far (some info on other properties but none on this property). I have emailed/whatsapp’d NINE different realtors and not one has gotten back to me — even when I ask about properties that they have listed for sale.

Am I totally out of luck unless I go back to Aruba myself? I just left a few weeks ago and right now financially I can’t go back but I am anxious to get this worked out.

Thanks for any advice!
    Kayla from Canada who WANTS to be from Aruba

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Andrea! What exactly is the legwork though? Do I contact the government? Unfortunately the lands section of their website is not translated to English yet so I can’t make sense of it.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    imo, a site visit.
    if you cannot get the time or the funds to go at this point, I think you need to make the calls, line up all of your ducks in a row........then visit and do the leg work.

Thanks Andrea! What exactly is the legwork though? Do I contact the government? Unfortunately the lands section of their website is not translated to English yet so I can’t make sense of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks again Andrea! Do you think that this is the right contact to start with?
    Directie Infrastructuur en Planning (DIP)
    297-527-7100
    info@dip.aw

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    imo, a site visit.
    if you cannot get the time or the funds to go at this point, I think you need to make the calls, line up all of your ducks in a row........then visit and do the leg work.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have no idea who or what that is.
    If I were in your shoes, I would contact a couple of realtors and explain what you are looking for, what you have found and see where that leads you?

Thanks again Andrea! Do you think that this is the right contact to start with?
    Directie Infrastructuur en Planning (DIP)
    297-527-7100
    info@dip.aw

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    I have no idea who or what that is.
    If I were in your shoes, I would contact a couple of realtors and explain what you are looking for, what you have found and see where that leads you?
    Thanks! I will try that.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    good luck

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by __steve__ View Post
    good luck
    Lol - I’ve gotten nowhere in the past month, so I think I’ll need the luck!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We bought a condo two years ago. Our realtor was Prestige. https://www.prestigerealtyaruba.com/. Maybe they can help.

0 0