This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: From Florida to AUA (as a snowbird)

Post Thanks / Like

From Florida to AUA (as a snowbird)

Snowbird from NH planning to sell in Florida and buy in ARUBA

Hello everyone I have many many questions to ask since deciding to make Aruba our snowbird home.
    Glad I found this forum and Thank You ahead of time for any feedback for my questions.
    We Plan to get to Aruba late Jan early Feb to look for a condo/townhouse . So lookin at everything online, I'm interested in the
    area around Malmok and the Gold Coast community. Anybody here live there or know anything about that community ?
    If you own a car and have a townhouse, what would you do with the car when you leave for 6 months?
    The transfer tax at closing, is that 3% of the first $142k and then 6%... or is it 6% of the entire sale if it is over $142k period.
    Ok that's it for now with questions. More to come so Thank You all for being here
    BTW...any baseball fans? Well I'm loving the playoffs with My 2 hometown teams ..Tampa Rays / Boston Red Sox .
    Don't know who to cheer for so I'm going for the Rays and hubby is taking the Sox
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I moved this to its own thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by flpctc View Post
    Snowbird from NH planning to sell in Florida and buy in ARUBA

Hello everyone I have many many questions to ask since deciding to make Aruba our snowbird home.
    Glad I found this forum and Thank You ahead of time for any feedback for my questions.
    We Plan to get to Aruba late Jan early Feb to look for a condo/townhouse . So lookin at everything online, I'm interested in the
    area around Malmok and the Gold Coast community. Anybody here live there or know anything about that community ?
    If you own a car and have a townhouse, what would you do with the car when you leave for 6 months?
    The transfer tax at closing, is that 3% of the first $142k and then 6%... or is it 6% of the entire sale if it is over $142k period.
    Ok that's it for now with questions. More to come so Thank You all for being here
    BTW...any baseball fans? Well I'm loving the playoffs with My 2 hometown teams ..Tampa Rays / Boston Red Sox .
    Don't know who to cheer for so I'm going for the Rays and hubby is taking the Sox

THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum! We sent you a PM, would be glad to share our experience we had buying in Aruba this past summer. We had friends who coached us and it was invaluable.
    1 0