This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hi All!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi All!

We're taking the plunge and want to come down in the next few months. We have both been to Aruba before and yearn to return. We will be staying at least a year so have to deal with residency and medical insurance. Anyone have advice on the best medical insurance if you are a resident? Thanks!
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the aruba.com community forum.
    I am moving this to “moving to aruba”

residency in aruba is not very easy to obtain.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowinpalm View Post
    We're taking the plunge and want to come down in the next few months. We have both been to Aruba before and yearn to return. We will be staying at least a year so have to deal with residency and medical insurance. Anyone have advice on the best medical insurance if you are a resident? Thanks!

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome and good luck with the residency piece. As Andrea said unless you are ultra wealthy or bring a job/business that is needed on the island, they do not grant full-time residency often.
    June 8th - can't get here quick enough!

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    sorry jay..I did not mean to imply that at all.
    I know some pretty wealthy folks that took a little less than 3 years to gt their residency.
    it takes a lot of hoop jumping

this is what I said "residency in aruba is not very easy to obtain."
    I dont want folks to think it is impossible if they do not have "$ or a business"

I do often wonder how long the wait time is from application completion to being accepted?

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Welcome and good luck with the residency piece. As Andrea said unless you are ultra wealthy or bring a job/business that is needed on the island, they do not grant full-time residency often.

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by snowinpalm View Post

Residency isn't easy. If you own property you can stay 180 days if you are not a resident.