This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Med School Tag Along

Post Thanks / Like

Med School Tag Along

Hello, This is my first post to a forum ever, so forgive me if this is a little too rambly a question....or too many questions. My husband is in a pre med program right now with plans to attend Xavier university's medical program in Jan of 2020. I know it is a long way off but it takes preparation and planning to completely relocate for two years. My question. Is there anyone out there who has been the tag along spouse to an Xavier student and what did you do for employment? I know work permits are hard to get. I run a sword fighting school in Canada and I thought about opening a school in Aruba. I do not have an Aruban partner but I do have a student that is a dutch national. Could he open the business and employ me? The only other option I can think of is maybe teaching english online. Thank you for any suggestions.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

fencing is a fun sport and I bet there are no or very few fencing places on aruba.
    I hope others will be able to answer your questions.

the first place that I would make inquiries is to the relocation folks at Xavier.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironnicolesmith View Post
    Hello, This is my first post to a forum ever, so forgive me if this is a little too rambly a question....or too many questions. My husband is in a pre med program right now with plans to attend Xavier university's medical program in Jan of 2020. I know it is a long way off but it takes preparation and planning to completely relocate for two years. My question. Is there anyone out there who has been the tag along spouse to an Xavier student and what did you do for employment? I know work permits are hard to get. I run a sword fighting school in Canada and I thought about opening a school in Aruba. I do not have an Aruban partner but I do have a student that is a dutch national. Could he open the business and employ me? The only other option I can think of is maybe teaching english online. Thank you for any suggestions.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome the the Aruba.com community forum!!

Sounds so exciting! Please come back & share any information you find!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ
    0 0