This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pet friendly condos?

Post Thanks / Like
    The Ritz accept dogs...

"Dogs weighing less than 20 pounds are welcome at our luxury hotel in Aruba, however a $250 non-refundable pet fee applies."
    Pierre

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for ino on Ritz....I do not stay at hotels where pets are accepted....anywhere! (and I have been a dog owner for 50 years and contribute to many animal causes!)
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Annf- Ive stayed at the Ritz about 15 times or so and I have NEVER seen a dog. In addition to all the times we have stayed at the Ritz Ive stayed across the street at the Boardwalk to enjoy more space and some savings and still have never seen a dog in well over 20 trips on the Ritz property.
    Just Booked trip 36- Trip report starting in June.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Aruba4ever;386800]Annf- Ive stayed at the Ritz about 15 times or so and I have NEVER seen a dog. In addition to all the times we have stayed at the Ritz Ive stayed across the street at the Boardwalk to enjoy more space and some savings and still have never seen a dog in well over 20 trips on the Ritz property.[/QUOTE

Thanks for this info also. I will file it in my mind where I file the man with a dog on his chest in a carrier (think those who carry infants that way) and an older couple pushing a dog in a baby carriage ....this observed at Do It Center in Shaba...both about 5 days ago! LOL
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey annf, we agree with not staying in hotels that take pets and we are dog lovers too. Our last Pug had cancer and could not walk very far but loved being out seeing puppies and people. We had to get a doggie stroller. He loved being part of the outside would again. That said, we woild not carry a healthy dog around like a baby.
    Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crimms View Post
    Hey annf, we agree with not staying in hotels that take pets and we are dog lovers too. Our last Pug had cancer and could not walk very far but loved being out seeing puppies and people. We had to get a doggie stroller. He loved being part of the outside would again. That said, we woild not carry a healthy dog around like a baby.
    Sean and Susan
    Thank you for a different perspective to the doggie stroller. I am sure your pup appreciated your kindness. I was surprised though to see 2 dogs, inside the store, treated like humans!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I see it a lot here in Florida, bringing dogs to stores and strollers
    Last edited by ArubaAngela; 02-09-2022 at 02:10 PM.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is a gentleman that walks his cat in a stroller in our neighborhood.
    I know his wife and I believe she makes him do it.
    If we have to stay in a place that allows dogs…… we strip the bed and lay down our own sheet and Paul Lily and I sleep on that with our own comforter. Own pillows too.
    Been skeeved out on road tripNew England to Fla and try to make it cleaner.

There was a gentleman that stayed at the Amsterdam Manor and brought his little dog so I believe they accept dogs.

THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought the dog stroller thing was a little odd, but I always had large dogs. My friend had a stroller for her little dog because she
    couldn't walk very long due to some issue with her legs. Of course, I now have a little dog,.... no stroller yet, but now I get it. ; )
    0 0