This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shipping to Aruba

Post Thanks / Like

Shipping to Aruba

Hello All,

We are building a house with Better Homes Aruba. http://www.betterhomesaruba.com/tamarijn-homes-gardens

I hope to start a thread soon on our progress.

My question is about shipping from the US to Aruba. Has anyone shipped lately? Where from and what size container?

Thanks,

Tim
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Tim,

My hubby and bought a condo about 18 months ago. We need a new washer and dryer. Our property manager deals an international sales woman with a Lowes in the US in Miami. She gave me her info and I ordered what I wanted. She will have the washer and dryer delivered to the shipping company in Miami and it will come over by cargo ship. I do not know what it is going to cost, but I was told a few hundred. We looked into shipping a car(but didn't do it) and it would cost $2000-$2500, but I don't remember where it would have been shipped from. We are in southern part of New Jersey and I think the shipping company wasn't too far away. I'd have to ask hubby. I can get the name of the company out of Miami and ask hubby about the company he contacted about shipping a car. Don't forget you'll have to pay taxes in Aruba. BTW, because the w&d were being shipped out of the US, I didn't pay sales tax.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm looking forward to reading about your home.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Robin,

Thanks for the info and let me know how that turns out for you. I've heard that Miami is the best place to ship from. We are in Alabama and are looking at some options. We have four years to build on our land and will build in 2019 so we have time to figure this out. The appliances, furniture, and some fixtures we will want to ship from Miami.
    Options we are looking at:
    1. Buy all the stuff here in Bama, some old and some new stuff and then Uhaul it down to Miami
    2. Buy online and have it delivered to Miami Cargo Shipper
    3. Go to Miami and go shopping and deliver to Cargo SHipper ourselves to make sure everything gets to where it needs to be.

I think what we are talking about is shipping a 1/2 or full container. We are looking at shipping thinks like tankless water heater, electric cook top for the kitchen island, ceiling fans, bed room and living room furniture. The place we are building is only 775 SqFt so we are going with minimal furniture.

Yep. I am a little worried about the import tax.

We are headed down the last week in Sept, so I think I will stop in and talk with the shipper while in Aruba.

I'd love to hear thoughts from others or lessons learned.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Does your builder furnish and appliances or mechanicals?

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Robin,
    When you are in Aruba in September, I recommend that you meet with Complete Logistics. They are a shipping company based out of Aruba and they work with a company in Miami, Florida called Seapack. They are a great company and they ship from Miami weekly (Boat leaves Miami on Fridays and arrives in Aruba on Wednesday or Thursday of the following week). I ordered all of my house supplies new and shipped to Seapack's warehouse in Miami (they will store items for you for up to a month before your scheduled sail date). Complete Logistics manages all the details of the shipment. If you don't have enough supplies to fill a container than you can ship LCL (less than full container load) and Complete Logistics will combine your items in containers with other freight they are bringing to Aruba. Complete Logistics handles everything for you - receiving the inventory in Aruba, getting it through customs and delivers the container (or items for LCLs) directly to your house in Aruba. Alternatively, they can store the items in their warehouse in Aruba until you are ready for delivery. They have many options and can customize service to meet your needs.
    The owner of Complete Logistics is Claudio Mata. They are located in downtown Oranjestad (Olijfstraat 33). I highly recommend their services. The most important thing I can tell you is that you need to have a Tax ID assigned to you from the government in Aruba (it is called Persoonsnummer). If you don’t have a persoonsnummer, than you can’t ship anything into Aruba via sea container. So if you don’t have one yet, you should plan that as an activity for your next visit in Aruba.
    If you need more info, feel free message me.
    Regards,
    Chris
    0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Chris, Thanks for the info. TimothyReburn was actually the one asking. I'm going to save this because I hope that in the next year or two to get new furniture and I want to buy it here and have it shipped. I want to furniture similar to what I have in my shore condo here, and since I decided to sell the condo here, we may have the $$ to do it sooner than we had planned.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiChris View Post
    Hello Robin,
    When you are in Aruba in September, I recommend that you meet with Complete Logistics. They are a shipping company based out of Aruba and they work with a company in Miami, Florida called Seapack. They are a great company and they ship from Miami weekly (Boat leaves Miami on Fridays and arrives in Aruba on Wednesday or Thursday of the following week). I ordered all of my house supplies new and shipped to Seapack's warehouse in Miami (they will store items for you for up to a month before your scheduled sail date). Complete Logistics manages all the details of the shipment. If you don't have enough supplies to fill a container than you can ship LCL (less than full container load) and Complete Logistics will combine your items in containers with other freight they are bringing to Aruba. Complete Logistics handles everything for you - receiving the inventory in Aruba, getting it through customs and delivers the container (or items for LCLs) directly to your house in Aruba. Alternatively, they can store the items in their warehouse in Aruba until you are ready for delivery. They have many options and can customize service to meet your needs.
    The owner of Complete Logistics is Claudio Mata. They are located in downtown Oranjestad (Olijfstraat 33). I highly recommend their services. The most important thing I can tell you is that you need to have a Tax ID assigned to you from the government in Aruba (it is called Persoonsnummer). If you don’t have a persoonsnummer, than you can’t ship anything into Aruba via sea container. So if you don’t have one yet, you should plan that as an activity for your next visit in Aruba.
    If you need more info, feel free message me.
    Regards,
    Chris

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Great Info Chris! I will set up a meeting with Cladio and work on my personsnumber!

Cheers,

Tim
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Per the website: http://www.jrconstructionaruba.com/c...struction.html

- Aluminum windows, cesspit, copper pipe plumbing, bathroom fixtures (accessories not incl.), cedar doorframes, solid wooden exterior doors (locks incl.), Sheetrock ceilings and terra cotta roof tiles.
    - Extensive electrical package incl. 220V for all bedrooms, 4 outside lights, 2 cable tv outlets and 2 telephone outlets.

We plan on shipping all major appliances, ceiling fans, and AC units.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Timothy! I haven't been on this site for a while, but needed some info and was reading thru forums & saw your post....Hopefully you haven't shipped, yet...We have shipped a few containers (we are on our 2nd house in Aruba). We brought 2 vehicles, furniture, grill, paddle boards, tvs, artwork, tools etc - essentially everything for an entire 4 bedroom house (we didn't bring appliances). We looked at all companies and went with Tiger from Miami, who works with Land & Sea Air Cargo in Aruba. They were great and extremely knowledgeable. There are a lot of different factors that go into the cost (ie what type of material/wood the furniture is, if you have residency (which we were in process of applying for pensioner, so that saved us a lot - https://www.dimasaruba.aw/en/applicants/living/), cars had to be outright owned for at least 6 months. There are a few other tips that will help keep costs down. I can give you those directly.
    Harold or Herbie Tromp (whom are the owners) with Land & Sea are GREAT!!! info@lsa-aruba.com, Angel Rameriz angel.ramirez@go2tigers.com (tiger did stop shipping vehicles). We shipped everything to Tiger & they held it for us until we were ready to ship. They even wrapped the furniture so it wouldn't get damaged & sent pictures along the way as they were loading everything (So we saw container 1/4 loaded. 1/2 loaded etc). We spent about $5,800 for (2) 20' containers (this includes shipping, storage, US docs, US customs, blocks & bracing). I have to check what we spent on the Aruba receiving ends - but it was less & we had a lot!!! I was just in Harold's office the other day to possibly ship a vehicle back. Lemme know if I can be of any further help. - kris
    0 0