This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shipping to Aruba

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Kris!! That is very helpful information. We will be in Aruba the last week in Sept so I will have to stop by and see them.

Cheers.

Tim
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Kris,
    Do you think it's worth applying for residency - pensioner? Do they tax your retirement income?
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    you may want to bring this to private messaging and also contact DIMAS (department of immigration)
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We will...thanks.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Please do extensive research on the taxes....it is my understanding they tax your income used while in Aruba, which would include your mortgage payments etc...the rates are among the highest in the world which is why many buy but never become full-time residents and spend half the year there and don't need to pay Aruba taxes other than property etc...

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyReburn View Post
    Kris,
    Do you think it's worth applying for residency - pensioner? Do they tax your retirement income?

Post Thanks / Like

Shipping to Aruba

Has anyone looked into EQ3 Aruba? We to are looking into purchasing/shipping furniture to Aruba although we are at early stage.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I LOVE EQ3!! As you may already know, they are a Canadian based company but they do have a store in Aruba. We purchased ~50% of our furniture from EQ3 in Aruba. They are great to work with as they have a designer at the store who will come to your property, evaluate the rooms you want furnished and create design plans and furniture options for you. They deliver the furniture and assemble it also - so they are a full service furniture and design store.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't used this company myself, but I know others who have and had a good experience: https://www.a1autotransport.com/inte...g-and-storage/ They're based out of the US but operate worldwide, plus it seems like they know the ins and outs of moving to the area. They're probably worth a call to see what kind of price they offer. My understanding is that they're on the more affordable side.
    0 0