This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Working From Aruba

Post Thanks / Like
    John - have you ever done a speed test on the DSL line? Any sense of what kind of throughput you're seeing? I'm trying to get a sense of any size limitations/performance issues I might have. Thanks for your help!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I do not know how technical you are, but to answer you yes. As I previously mentioned my career was in IT Engineering and while on the Island I am frequently called upon to remotely access and resolve issues on client locations in North America. To be able to do certain things I require very good bandwidth and so far, ot her than about 4 years ago, this has never been an issue with Setar. I have tweaked the MTU ( Maximum Transmission Unit) sizing and found this has helped with speed and sometimes issues with graphic displays. I suspect that Setar may not optimize their routers. The other issue I have had on occasion has been that of not being able to browse to certain websites. In this case I suspect the DNS resolvers are not configured correctly. I must be honest and say that these issues have happened very seldom.

Hope this helps

John
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Perfect. Thanks... yes, that all made sense to me.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Perfect. Thanks... yes, that all made sense to me.
    One thing I forgot to mention. For a very small incremental cost, Setar do offer an unlimited service. I suggest this, as with the basic service it can be very expensive to go over the allotted amount and they are not forgiving!!! I speak from experience and an empty wallet
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Heh. Been there - I'm pretty sure I kept Bell Canada afloat for awhile back in the day. Good point. Thanks.
    0 0