This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anything "Special" that you buy at grocery ?

Post Thanks / Like
    One of the things we like to do is explore the Dutch snack aisle at the store. The Dutch snack aisles have crazy offerings like "bacon-kaas peanuts" and the great variety of chips. A tip I've gotten from Dutch and Arubans alike is to always buy the Dutch snacks. They are much cheaper than those imported from the US and there's a much greater variety.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    you may want to check out in your "nut aisle". Blue Diamond wasabi almonds. YIKES!!!

Thanks, Andrea, but I've had those. These nuts had wasabi flavored candy shell like an m&m.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to stop at "bulk nation" tomorrow morning for almond flour.
    Will look to see of they have those cashews with the wasabi coating/shell.

Quote Originally Posted by bhoffdhoff View Post
    Thanks, Andrea, but I've had those. These nuts had wasabi flavored candy shell like an m&m.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought the two Hot Delight sauces from Superfood—the papaya and the madam gourmet.

At the time, I hadn’t tried either so I got both. The following day I tried the Papaya sauce, as they had it on the table at one of the restaurants. I laughed my butt off because the papaya sauce says “mild” on the bottle. IT IS NOT MILD, But it is absolutely delicious. Wish I bought an extra bottle.

I’m scared to try the Madam Gourmet though because I’m sure it’s hot enough to melt my intestines.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am sure it is hot enough for intestine melting!

about 10 years ago, I bought a madam Janette pepper at lings.
    I don't know what I had planned to do with it, but after cutting up the pepper, I made the mistake of touching the corner of my eye and also my face.
    the pain was excruciating and I thought I was about to die. I ended up dipping my face in a bowl of milk.

so, be careful with the MJ gourmet hot stuff.

a neighbor just returned from aruba and brought us back a big hunk of Old Amsterdam gouda.......bought at Superfood!

Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    I bought the two Hot Delight sauces from Superfood—the papaya and the madam gourmet.

At the time, I hadn’t tried either so I got both. The following day I tried the Papaya sauce, as they had it on the table at one of the restaurants. I laughed my butt off because the papaya sauce says “mild” on the bottle. IT IS NOT MILD, But it is absolutely delicious. Wish I bought an extra bottle.

I’m scared to try the Madam Gourmet though because I’m sure it’s hot enough to melt my intestines.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Andrea, I’m sorry that happened! I hate it when food fails me.

I ended up backing out on the gouda. I ate it every day on sandwiches and I realized if I bought a roll home, it’d probably go bad before I could finish it. I brought back Balashi instead
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure where in Aruba we got them but the avocados there taste entirely different in a good way. They are sweet

0 1