This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thread: LINGS grocery store

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

LINGS grocery store

Reminder

Lings is still undergoing their renovation/reorganization inside.
    Outside, the roads leading to Lings are under construction and there are detours in place.
    Pay special attention to the signs.

Post Thanks / Like
    must be hurting their business

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am sure they r taking a hit.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think not being able to find things in the store is worse than the construction. Last week's trip there was so frustrating, that I gave up trying to find stuff and went to SuperFoods. I'm not planning on going back unless I need something that Superfoods or DoIt or PriceSmart doesn't have.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    As a long time and frequent shopper at Ling's I appreciate their modernization of the store. My USA grocery stores do the same every few years. It will take awhile for me to familiarize myself with the new layout but I appreciate the friendliness and service of the staff, responsive to product requests, etc . My experiences at Super Foods are not positive...congested both inside and out, staff is not helpful and some are rude (thought it was just me for some reason but my local neighbor has had the same experiences) and digging out money for a cart for the bag boy to return is just a bit much. There have been numerous road construction projects over the past few years...established businesses have survived.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    The construction is only an issue if you are coming from any other way other than from Smith Blvd. I too am glad they are modernizing and it looks really nice, but last week was just so frustrating. I know they do things differently here. At home, they usually do a lot of the construction end of it when the store is closed at night and you just have to deal with them rearranging the items on the shelves. Last week they had the new shelves up against the stocked shelves in one area so you could not find what you needed and you had to circle around to get to some areas.

Quote Originally Posted by annf View Post
    As a long time and frequent shopper at Ling's I appreciate their modernization of the store. My USA grocery stores do the same every few years. It will take awhile for me to familiarize myself with the new layout but I appreciate the friendliness and service of the staff, responsive to product requests, etc . My experiences at Super Foods are not positive...congested both inside and out, staff is not helpful and some are rude (thought it was just me for some reason but my local neighbor has had the same experiences) and digging out money for a cart for the bag boy to return is just a bit much. There have been numerous road construction projects over the past few years...established businesses have survived.

0 0

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any update on the renovations? Are they complete or is this going to be going on for a while? My in-laws leave Tuesday and wanted to give them a heads up.
    Laura

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I was in there last Monday and they were still working. They were moving more things around. The produce, meat, deli and bakery were fine and looks really nice. Everything else was confusing because they are moving things as you shop. Many items were not available. I'm not planning on going there tomorrow.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks they will be completing the road construction outside of Lings soon. Yesterday it appeared that parts of the road were getting the first layer of paving and the rest the top layer of what goes underneath the paving. I also saw they were moving or taking out the boulders in the median of Smith near the traffic light. I am purely guessing that they are going to be working on creating that roundabout soon.

1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Update?
    0 0