This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Speciality Wine to Bring Back Home

  1. #11
    Senior Member arubamark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ren Island
    Posts
    1,526
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    We bring back rum, and from SuperFoods: gouda, stroopwaffles, some Dutch chocolate, the Dutch wafers-they have chocolate, hazelnut and vanilla.
    Stropp waffles and gouda are also on my bring home list - I get waffles from grocery store the gouda I get in a 3 pack at the airport before I go to my gate.
    0 0
     

  2. #12
    Senior Member DiviDiviFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,404
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Agree with Andrea that Lost Symphony is no longer available. It’s too bad as it was lovely. I still have a half bottle as well. What about Ponche Crema? I saw recently that they have a pistachio flavored one that sounds interesting.
    Thanks everyone, I may bring back the Ponche Crema, a bartender at our resort told me they always celebrates the holidays with that. I just don't think it will fit in the nice wine holder I purchased.

    0 1
     

  3. #13
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    34,736
    Post Thanks / Like
    buy some wine at home for the secret Santa gift and bring yourself some ponche creme
    0 2
     

  4. #14
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    5,036
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    buy some wine at home for the secret Santa gift and bring yourself some ponche creme
    This is an example of why YOU are the moderator..... you always have the right answer and best solution! Smart...…!
    0 0
     

  5. #15
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    34,736
    Post Thanks / Like
    hahaha yup, 5 1/2 yrs of college and I have all of the answers.
    I am a jack of all trades and a master of NONE.

    Quote Originally Posted by cpjones View Post
    This is an example of why YOU are the moderator..... you always have the right answer and best solution! Smart...…!
    0 1
     

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Baby Beach and the Marriott Ocean Club smokey joes and happy hour by the beach
    Posts
    110
    Post Thanks / Like
    All the alcohol that everyone brings home do you buy at the airport or do you put it in your luggage and hope it doesn't break. We never have any left in the room to bring home lol I wonder why?
    0 0
     

  7. #17
    Super Moderator WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Surf Club
    Posts
    4,307
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post
    All the alcohol that everyone brings home do you buy at the airport or do you put it in your luggage and hope it doesn't break. We never have any left in the room to bring home lol I wonder why?
    I take bubble wrap bags designed for just that purpose. Not these exactly, but similar... https://www.amazon.com/Wine-Skin-Win...%2C137&sr=8-32


    0 0
     

  8. #18
    Senior Member DiviDiviFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,404
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    buy some wine at home for the secret Santa gift and bring yourself some ponche creme
    sounds like a plan to me maybe I will play bingo by the pool this year and win a bottle of wine, can you believe all these years I've never played even though I'm usually right there next to the game!

    0 0
     

  9. #19
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    34,736
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh Brenda, if you are right there, why not!!??

    when we stay at LaCabana I sometimes play, and have never won.
    when they begin to play bingo......Paul says "nap time" and heads into the unit to snooze.
    someone posted today on another site that he won $238 on the coverall game at LaCabana poolside.

    my son won $100 when he was about 13 @ LaCabana poolside bingo.
    he spent his winnings on.............nothing. this kid is so tight with a buck he still has his first holy communion $$.

    Maybe sometime soon I will win

    Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    sounds like a plan to me maybe I will play bingo by the pool this year and win a bottle of wine, can you believe all these years I've never played even though I'm usually right there next to the game!
    0 0
     

  10. #20
    Senior Member DiviDiviFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,404
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    oh Brenda, if you are right there, why not!!??

    when we stay at LaCabana I sometimes play, and have never won.
    when they begin to play bingo......Paul says "nap time" and heads into the unit to snooze.
    someone posted today on another site that he won $238 on the coverall game at LaCabana poolside.

    my son won $100 when he was about 13 @ LaCabana poolside bingo.
    he spent his winnings on.............nothing. this kid is so tight with a buck he still has his first holy communion $$.

    Maybe sometime soon I will win

    Trust me if I could win that amoutn of $$$ I would so be playing as I am always at the pizza bar chilling by then. However, I think my place only gives prizes of wine and t-shirts? I could be wrong, I will definitely ask this year if money is won I join in

    I am off to work now where I will be calling bingo for the Seniors, last week we had 2 players at the community we visited, hope more than 2 today!

    0 0
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •