This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: SUperFood or Ling or Other

  1. #11
    Senior Member Aruba4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,448
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed but I have never parked there....always take a taxi. That said the parking lot is still a zoo.

    Quote Originally Posted by flpctc View Post
    I am a novice to all things and places in Aruba but I do use the Do it center all the time and all the others less often.
    First, the Do it center is the closest to my place and it has all household items and a good food selection.
    Second, but very important, is the great big parking lot !!
    Of course Superfoods is awesome but the parking...not so much .
    Trip 38 booked for Feb! Cant wait.







    0 1
     

  2. #12
    Senior Member LisaGrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    1,798
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I make it over to SuperFoods in August, it will be via taxi. Safe to assume there are always taxis "trolling" around for people who need a ride back "home"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Agreed but I have never parked there....always take a taxi. That said the parking lot is still a zoo.
    0 0
     

  3. #13
    Super Moderator WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Surf Club
    Posts
    7,357
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    If I make it over to SuperFoods in August, it will be via taxi. Safe to assume there are always taxis "trolling" around for people who need a ride back "home"?
    There is a taxi parking area but it's probably a crap shoot if one will be there when you leave. Get your taxi drivers number and ask them either to wait (there will be a charge) or if you can call them when you're done.
    0 0
     

  4. #14
    Senior Member LisaGrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    1,798
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, as always, Walt!

    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    There is a taxi parking area but it's probably a crap shoot if one will be there when you leave. Get your taxi drivers number and ask them either to wait (there will be a charge) or if you can call them when you're done.
    0 1
     

  5. #15
    Senior Member schexc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Pearl at Eagle Beach
    Posts
    3,123
    Post Thanks / Like
    We go to all of them...no issues. When one doesn't have what we want, we move to the next. It's the Aruban way...love it!




    OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL .
    0 2
     

  6. #16
    Senior Member Laura in NH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    598
    Post Thanks / Like
    I prefer Ling because it's close and I can usually find what I need there. I do end up at SuperFood for a few things.

    My list is long for a vacation, I suppose, but I am me I usually write out my list on the plane.

    Coffee, cream, butter, bread, cheese, bakery treats, some lunch meat, mustard, hamburg, bagels, cheese, bakery treats, iced tea, lemonade, soda, cheese, bakery treats, chips/snacks, shrimp & produce to make ceviche, cheese, anything else that looks good, anything I forgot or could not shove into my suitcase, bakery treats, and more cheese!
    ​Laura from NH/Divi Village

    0 0
     

  7. #17
    Senior Member act1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In the pool.
    Posts
    3,502
    Post Thanks / Like
    We pretty much shop exclusively at SuperFood and DoIt - Ling's is highway robbery price-wise. The only thing they carry that you can't get elsewhere for significantly less is smokies and "somebody" gets cranky without a regular smokie intake.

    For coffee, we now exclusively buy from Aruba Coffee Roasting Company - https://www.facebook.com/arubacoffeeroasters/ .. they roast the beans on-site and will also deliver. If I had to revert to supermarket caffeine, I'd stop drinking coffee. They're THAT good. They also have a cafe downtown where you can try out their different blends and grab something to eat (there's a patio for people that aren't dining indoors yet).

    Other than that, it's PriceSmart for the occasional bulk purchase (TP, papertowels etc.) but their stock is sporadic at the best of times.
    1 0
     

  8. #18
    Senior Member schexc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Pearl at Eagle Beach
    Posts
    3,123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    We pretty much shop exclusively at SuperFood and DoIt - Ling's is highway robbery price-wise. The only thing they carry that you can't get elsewhere for significantly less is smokies and "somebody" gets cranky without a regular smokie intake.

    For coffee, we now exclusively buy from Aruba Coffee Roasting Company - https://www.facebook.com/arubacoffeeroasters/ .. they roast the beans on-site and will also deliver. If I had to revert to supermarket caffeine, I'd stop drinking coffee. They're THAT good. They also have a cafe downtown where you can try out their different blends and grab something to eat (there's a patio for people that aren't dining indoors yet).

    Other than that, it's PriceSmart for the occasional bulk purchase (TP, papertowels etc.) but their stock is sporadic at the best of times.
    The wife is always trying different coffee, as she hasn't found anything that she is in love with. Is the Aruba Coffee Roasting Company to purchase from downtown? I see their location on the Facebook page. Is that it or the cafe?




    OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL .
    0 0
     

  9. #19
    Senior Member act1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In the pool.
    Posts
    3,502
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    The wife is always trying different coffee, as she hasn't found anything that she is in love with. Is the Aruba Coffee Roasting Company to purchase from downtown? I see their location on the Facebook page. Is that it or the cafe?
    the roasting and cafe are at the same place downtown. They’ll do custom roasts as well.
    0 0
     

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    355
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    the roasting and cafe are at the same place downtown. They’ll do custom roasts as well.
    We’ll definitely check them out when we’re there in Nov. I can’t remember the last time I bought “supermarket coffee”. We had a little coffee shop near us that roasted their own beans and besides regular coffee they also had flavored coffees. We must have tried every flavor over the years. Well, they closed the shop but continued to roast beans and sell them online. I’m a coffee snob and love trying new places. This place sounds perfect!
    0 0
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •