This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Where to shop

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Every single spot on island
    Posts
    88
    Post Thanks / Like

    Where to shop

    Hello All!

    Our trip is getting closer and closer (exactly 2 months!!), and I have a question regarding groceries. We will be staying at the Hyatt and the Holiday Inn, so no kitchen, but still want to buy a few things to make sandwiches, quick breakfast items, and of course rum and snacks. I know the resorts usually have these items in their shop, but I'm assuming they are overpriced. Where should I go to buy the few essentials we will need?

    Thank you everyone
    0 0
     

  2. #2
    Senior Member act1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In the pool.
    Posts
    2,825
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hmitchell_travelplanner View Post
    Hello All!

    Our trip is getting closer and closer (exactly 2 months!!), and I have a question regarding groceries. We will be staying at the Hyatt and the Holiday Inn, so no kitchen, but still want to buy a few things to make sandwiches, quick breakfast items, and of course rum and snacks. I know the resorts usually have these items in their shop, but I'm assuming they are overpriced. Where should I go to buy the few essentials we will need?

    Thank you everyone
    Superfood if you want more European-style. Ling's if you want American. Superfood is closer to the Holiday Inn/Hyatt.
    0 1
     

  3. #3
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    33,822
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agree with act.
    Does the holiday inn have in room refrigerators?

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Every single spot on island
    Posts
    88
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Agree with act.
    Does the holiday inn have in room refrigerators?
    Yes, all the rooms at Holiday Inn have mini fridges. Which will make things much easier than not, lol
    0 1
     

  5. #5
    Super Moderator WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Surf Club
    Posts
    3,937
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hmitchell_travelplanner View Post
    Yes, all the rooms at Holiday Inn have mini fridges. Which will make things much easier than not, lol
    But they do not have microwaves...
    0 0
     

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Every single spot on island
    Posts
    88
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm okay with no microwaves. As long as I have a place to store sandwich meat I should be good. I really don't like to eat out at every meal, so a mini fridge is important.
    0 0
     

  7. #7
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    33,822
    Post Thanks / Like
    the last time we stayed at the HI was a pre or post timeshare stay in the early 2000s.
    there was no mini fridge in the room, but we did well with a good sized cooler.......we kept mostly cheese, fruit, soda, beer and ice in it.



    Quote Originally Posted by hmitchell_travelplanner View Post
    I'm okay with no microwaves. As long as I have a place to store sandwich meat I should be good. I really don't like to eat out at every meal, so a mini fridge is important.

  8. #8
    Super Moderator WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Surf Club
    Posts
    3,937
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have been at the HI and had to request a fridge. Maybe they don't have them in every room? This was last year.
    0 0
     

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Every single spot on island
    Posts
    88
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    We have been at the HI and had to request a fridge. Maybe they don't have them in every room? This was last year.
    Good to know. I'll make sure to ask when we check in. Thank you for the heads up
    0 1
     

  10. #10
    Senior Member act1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In the pool.
    Posts
    2,825
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hmitchell_travelplanner View Post
    Good to know. I'll make sure to ask when we check in. Thank you for the heads up
    I'd recommend contacting them in advance as there are limited number of refrigerators (I've been caught a few times and always contact in advance now).
    0 0
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •