This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: airport to hotel with pit stop at grocery store

Post Thanks / Like

airport to hotel with pit stop at grocery store

does anyone know if a taxi driver would be willing to stop at a grocery on the way to our hotel from airport. just seems like it would be so much easier than getting to hotel then going to store.

also, which grocery is closest to the surf club? usually my wife goes but since its just us on this trip, i'll be going with her.

thanks
    todd
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    the closest large grocery store is SUPERFOODS
    the taxis will wait for you.
    there is a waiting charge (I think it is $15 or $20 per 15 min)

have fun!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyetodd View Post
    does anyone know if a taxi driver would be willing to stop at a grocery on the way to our hotel from airport. just seems like it would be so much easier than getting to hotel then going to store.

also, which grocery is closest to the surf club? usually my wife goes but since its just us on this trip, i'll be going with her.

thanks
    todd

Post Thanks / Like
    One thing I will mention is that rooms are seldom ready when you arrive at Surf Club before 4:00. So if you're arriving really early, think about what you are buying and if it will need refrigeration. The Surf Club has a pretty nice store that is stocked well in the lobby, but be ready for sticker shock. Our friends paid 14 bucks for the taxi to wait at Superfood last time and they were in and out in about 15 minutes.

0 1

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    One more thing to consider, if you haven't pre arranged with the driver, he might not have time to stop at the store. Some of them have other passengers scheduled for pick up at certain times, and they are on a tight schedule. We just go to the store after we get settled, or some time the next day.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We go and get checked in at the hotel 1st. My wife unpacks and I grab a cab and head to superfood. It works out pretty well. There has always been cabs waiting as soon as I finished shopping as well. The entire process including the taxi rides is just over an hour as I fly around the store and don't have a ton to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    One more thing to consider, if you haven't pre arranged with the driver, he might not have time to stop at the store. Some of them have other passengers scheduled for pick up at certain times, and they are on a tight schedule. We just go to the store after we get settled, or some time the next day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Many times we have asked the cab driver to stop at the supermarket (we like Lings) and they always seem happy to for a small fee. I don't remember what it is, but it is reasonable.
    0 0