This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Aruba Bus

  1. #1
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    33,658
    Post Thanks / Like

    Aruba Bus

    So many Aruba visitors rely on the bus system.
    Really, one can rely on the bus and not have to rely on taxi or car rentals.

    (However...there is no public bus from the airport to the hotel areas)

    Here is the bus website which gives much information. http://arubus.com

  2. #2
    Super Moderator WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Surf Club
    Posts
    3,872
    Post Thanks / Like
    We still take the bus on occasion, especially nice now that they have airco...


    0 1
     

  3. #3
    Senior Member DiviDiviFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,262
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did some shopping down the high rise area my last day, took a taxi down and rode the bus back, lucked out as it came as I was crossing the street. By the time I got to my hotel it was standing room only, lots of locals use it as well and it is a great way to get around and save a few $$

    1 1
     

  4. #4
    Senior Member sunnysmiles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    Posts
    518
    Post Thanks / Like
    We always use the bus system and love it as an option of travel.
    I've always been curious about the smart card but it's so hard to find information on it. We'll be there for 2 weeks and will be taking the bus quite a bit to see my in-laws at the low-rise area from La Cabana. It would just be so much easier to have a card. Does any one know where to find information?
    Last edited by sunnysmiles; 01-12-2019 at 04:40 PM.
    Laura

    0 0
     

  5. #5
    Super Moderator Jacki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,135
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnysmiles View Post
    We always use the bus system and love it as an option of travel.
    I've always been curious about the smart card but it's so hard to find information on it. We'll be there for 2 weeks and will be taking the bus quite a bit to see my in-laws at the low-rise area from La Cabana. It would just be so much easier to have a card. Does any one know where to find information?
    Here is a list of places where you can recharge the card. I'm sure one of those would be able to help - http://arubus.com/arubus-smartcard-recharge/
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ
    1 2
     

  6. #6
    Senior Member sunnysmiles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    Posts
    518
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, Jacki. We'll check it out!
    Laura

    0 1
     

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    100
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Here is a list of places where you can recharge the card. I'm sure one of those would be able to help - http://arubus.com/arubus-smartcard-recharge/
    Last time I was there I was able to buy smartcards from the minimarket at LaCabana. I'm hoping they still sell them...
    0 0
     

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    705
    Post Thanks / Like
    Those White Van Dollar taxis are are a good deal too. Just no wet bathing suits allowed.
    Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 1
     

  9. #9
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    33,658
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have wondered are those par of the bus system?
    Quote Originally Posted by crimms View Post
    Those White Van Dollar taxis are are a good deal too. Just no wet bathing suits allowed.
    Sean and Susan

  10. #10
    Senior Member Sue M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,191
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    I have wondered are those par of the bus system?
    I am thinking maybe not. Bully had mentioned it is better to take the regular buses. We have used these small ones without any problem.
    0 0
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •