This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car Rental Experiences........tell all

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Car Rental Experiences........tell all

The "good", the "not so good" and the "oh brother that was a train wreck".

We have been very very fortunate as all but 2 have been GOOD.

The 2 that were not so good..they were NOT train wrecks, but were just kind of "meh".

At no time did we ever feel we had been "taken" or abused.

How about you?

On another site this morning someone posted a you tube clip of Seinfeld at the car rental counter.
    Funny stuff for a Monday morning and got me thinking about posting this.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have only rented from Tropic for the past 10 years and you know that is always a great experience. Easy, professional, good prices, great communication.

Post Thanks / Like
    We also use Tropic when we can. They are our favorite, and I love that they come wash our car half way through the trip. For times when there are no cars available I shop the prices and have used Avis, More4less, and Royal. Never had any issues with the cars, Royal even provided a car seat for my grandson one year so we didn't have to lug one along on the plane. Our requirements are simple, air in the tires, great A/C, and a radio. We love to listen to the local and Spanish stations while we are cruising around the island.

Post Thanks / Like
    The only issue we had in Aruba was with one of our jeep rentals. The transmission hump was getting really hot and it wasn't shifting into gear right. They brought us a replacement. However, in Grand Cayman we lost a hubcap. The concierge called the rental car company(not mentioning our name) and they said we'd have to pay for 4 hubcaps even though we only lost one. We were not happy about that. Later that day we were talking with someone and she said she saw a hubcap along the driveway during her walk. We went out and it was ours, but it would not stay on the car for long-it was plastic and cracked. We threw it in the trunk. Later that week when we got right outside of the rental car company, Stu stopped, put the hubcap on and drove in slowly so it would stay on. We would not have minded paying for one if it was our fault, but to pay for 4 was just trying to take advantage of us.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I've rented from Amigo for the last 5 years in a row and not a problem with them.

The only possible issue was one year I left on the first flight to Boston at like 1PM on a Friday and when to return the car at 9. They weren't open yet, so I parked and checked in with JetBlue. Still weren't open an hour later so I photographed everything, locked the keys in the car and left it in one of their spots behind the rental building. No issues or extra charges, so they are all good in my book.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We have rented from Ace Car Rental for several years and have always had good service and decent cars.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our Good/Great rentals have been w/ Tropic!

here is the link to that funny Seinfeld that has to do with car rental reservations
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T2GmGSNvaM

Post Thanks / Like
    We have used Wheels2go the last fourteen trips, No complaints here...they have been great!

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    they are terrific too!
    we have used their services when Tropic was sold out.
    Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    We have used Wheels2go the last fourteen trips, No complaints here...they have been great!

Post Thanks / Like
    My only experiences are with Tropic and Wheels 2 Go. Both are A+ in my book.

0 2