This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: DePalm airport transport

  1. #1
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    5,160
    Post Thanks / Like

    DePalm airport transport

    We always use DePalm for our airport transport. They require you to reconfirm a day or two prior. They have always picked us up 3 1/2 or even 4 hours hours prior to the flight. The driver coming down said pick up would probably be at 9:00. Okay we can deal; then when I went to the hotel desk they said 10:30. When I questioned it she said 3 hours prior but didn’t seem to understand when I said it wasn’t 3 hours. With all the road construction etc I wasn’t comfortable with 10:30 (especially where that usually means 11:00) so I calledDePalm and changed it to 9:00

    My question, just curiosity, do you think we would make the flight leaving at 10:30 for a 1:00 flight.

    0 0
     

  2. #2
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    4,879
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would think so for a Thu departure.... but I wouldn't risk it. We always leave Manchebo on a Tue or Thu by cab 3 hours (maybe a bit more) and end up waiting 2 hours in the crying place....!
    0 0
     

  3. #3
    Senior Member Aruba4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,185
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would never risk it...I would not sleep the night before and I would be so nervous all morning.

  4. #4
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    1,916
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think once you get to the airport you'd be okay, but with what I'm seeing with the road construction on the DOW page, I wouldn't chance it.




    0 0
     

  5. #5
    Senior Member Traceyd14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Under a palapa on Palm beach
    Posts
    4,319
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    We always use DePalm for our airport transport. They require you to reconfirm a day or two prior. They have always picked us up 3 1/2 or even 4 hours hours prior to the flight. The driver coming down said pick up would probably be at 9:00. Okay we can deal; then when I went to the hotel desk they said 10:30. When I questioned it she said 3 hours prior but didn’t seem to understand when I said it wasn’t 3 hours. With all the road construction etc I wasn’t comfortable with 10:30 (especially where that usually means 11:00) so I calledDePalm and changed it to 9:00

    My question, just curiosity, do you think we would make the flight leaving at 10:30 for a 1:00 flight.
    Peg, I wouldn't risk it. I read a post about Monday departures being horrible this week, including people missing flights. It could have been a one off thing. Go with what you are comfortable with and causes the least stress.


    0 0
     

  6. #6
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    5,160
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks all for reconfirming my thoughts. When DePalm says 10:30 it will probably be 11:00. As much as I hate leaving at 9:00 I would rather be safely at the airport all settled in and waiting.

    0 0
     

  7. #7
    Senior Member Traceyd14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Under a palapa on Palm beach
    Posts
    4,319
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Thanks all for reconfirming my thoughts. When DePalm says 10:30 it will probably be 11:00. As much as I hate leaving at 9:00 I would rather be safely at the airport all settled in and waiting.
    Not sure what's going on. Someone posted on Monday that there were only a few customs booths open and today there were only 2. I hope they are either exaggerating or the problem is resolved before tomorrow.


    0 0
     

  8. #8
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    5,160
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Not sure what's going on. Someone posted on Monday that there were only a few customs booths open and today there were only 2. I hope they are either exaggerating or the problem is resolved before tomorrow.
    Thank you!! I know I made the right decision to leave earlier,!!!!
    Last edited by Pegmeister; 05-14-2019 at 07:59 PM.

    0 0
     

  9. #9
    Senior Member Sue M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,246
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would certainly want to get there in plenty of time as well.
    0 1
     

  10. #10
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    33,965
    Post Thanks / Like
    departures were horrible yesterday and today.
    apparently only 2 US customs agents doing the processing.

    we are leaving for the airport at 10 for a 2:30 flight

    we were downtown earlier .....the roads are unbelievable especially in front of the Tamarijn and all the way past certified mall
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 05-15-2019 at 07:42 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •