This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Getting to the Natural Pool without renting a UTV or ATV

Mangel Halto Beach, The Natural Bridge, Zeerover's and the Buvarian(German) restaurant
    Post Thanks / Like

Getting to the Natural Pool without renting a UTV or ATV

I'm putting this here for anyone or their family who can't endure the hike at Arikok to the Natural Pool and seek information here. If you're like us you drove up there(I believe the northernmost entrance with the giant vertebrae out front) and realized your tiny rental is inadequate for this mission. You're too late to procure a 4x4 for the day or spent too much(like us) on everything leading up to this point....lol.... and simply must see this wonderful island landmark. You've one more option--Our angel,Marcel(or his colleagues). Well the first angel, Xavier, enlisted Marcel for the job which was the first ray of hope. We gathered our trip items as Marcel waited patiently, then climbed into the back of the Landcruiser pickup and started our journey. The necessity of an off-road vehicle was proven within the first 100 ft from the visitors center. With a precision only afforded by traversing this trail many, many, many times, our chariot and driver negotiated every maneuver. We stopped 3 quarters of the way at a monolithic rock that appeared to be a broken slab of plateau that began to drift away. It was so unique how the tide came in from the rough sea around the embattled side of the rock. We took many photos. We continued onto the Natural Pool which was breathtakingly beautiful. What a beautiful array of marine life in that water which rose to no more than 10ft at its deerpest point. Like an angel Marcel was there to return us to the visiting center after about 2 hrs of swimming. This was a GODSEND. If this is off topic please excuse me but it just seemed like one of the threads where one might seek this info. I may choose another category to duplicate this message
    Last edited by Daddyblaize; 07-23-2018 at 09:50 AM.
    0 1