This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Hands Free Cell Phone While Driving and Other Stuff

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Hands Free Cell Phone While Driving and Other Stuff

Just a reminder; Aruba has strict cell phone rules about texting and driving.
    Make certain that you bring your moveable phone holder with you so you are in compliance with Aruba laws and safe.

No right on red either Trust me, I know.

Roundabouts: remember it goes COUNTERCLOCKWISE. Always yield to the vehicles already in the roundabout. (coming from your left)
    Cursing IS allowed just not too loudly as it might tick off others in earshot.
    There are lots of roundabouts on the new Watty Vos from airport to resort areas.
    Try to work out your cursing so that by the time you reach the last one near Lings Supermarket will be your last curse word of your vacation !

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 5

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Make certain that you bring your moveable phone holder with you so you are in compliance with Aruba laws and safe.

Roundabouts: remember it goes COUNTERCLOCKWISE. Always yield to the vehicles already in the roundabout. (coming from your left)
    There are lots of roundabouts on the new Watty Vos from airport to resort areas.
    Try to work out your cursing so that by the time you reach the last one near Lings Supermarket will be your last curse word of your vacation !
    Last curse word until you get to the traffic light that is not working and you can't make a left turn or go straight across Rt. 3.

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cursed a lot with all that construction on the main road last year. The ground was all dug up with gravel everywhere. I thought I would blow a tire.

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Lou's vocabulary wasn't too nice.
    Called others driver's names. lol (they couldn't hear him.. I did laugh though)
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post

That one at Ling's got me EVERY. TIME. we drove through it! We went around it twice each time. Grrrr. I just kept saying, "Look kids! Big Ben. Parliament!" (Hopefully someone gets that reference... )

I was also surprised to see that the intersection right by the resort area/McDonald's/Wendy's, etc. is still under construction! That makes things pretty kooky right there. I assume they plan to make that a roundabout someday too?
    Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5

0 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    words............. (off topic)
    my son's first words at age 11 mos were J C (sort of) and it was rotary/roundabout related.

apparently when we were in the car and he all snug in his car seat learned "my driving words"

one day I picked up my mother and she got in the car..............we got to a rotary in our town (beaver st rotary). someone came flying by and I laid on the horn and stopped.
    the little voice from the back in the car seat said...........Jeeda Cry
    my mother gave me the real stink eye.
    it got to the point, like pavlov's dog...........all I had to do was honk the horn and he said Jeeda Cry.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 11-19-2020 at 02:47 PM.

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 3